This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAZING service!

So I invited some friends over for dinner the other night, and HORRIBLY ruined it....the meat was so dry and tough 50 year ol show leather would of been more tasty.

So we went out to dinner at a pretty nice restaurant (not dress up nice but not fast food), I'd eaten here before but always as take out.

We have a bit of a wait since its a fairly small place, and it was a busy night, so we looked through the menu while we waited for a table. We finally get seated and place our drink orders (not booze of any sort) and an appetizer that sounded amazing (fried calamari sticks, light breaded calamari shaped like cheese sticks.)

Few minutes later, our waiter puts down bowls of Miso soup (comes free), and my drink. The waiter apologizes profusely saying they had run out of sweet tea and as soon as the new batch was made he would bring them out. we place our dinner orders, then my friends go out for a smoke.

Waiter is really cute and I may of been flirting slightly with him and we were all joking around, and after being told about the tea, I said (as serious as I could), "well, that brings your tip down, from $2 to 0"

He takes it in Stride, and replys "well at least I'm being told ufront how little my tip will be"

This is all back and forth banter, and I don't know how serious hes taking me.

The food arrives, my friend's drinks finally arrive (even remembered no ice and 4 lemons on my one friend's drink special request), friends ordered water while they waited on their drinks.

Waiter is amazing, taking our jokes and even giving it back to us....but I'm still not sure about how serious he took me about the tip. So the bill comes, I pay and leave a 25% tip. And make it a point to hand him the charge reciept and he thanks me, saying "its tables like yours that make my night, I could tell you were joking and having a good time."
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Glad it worked out. Going back for more waiter calamari sometime soon?

Protip for your friend: I have never ever ever worked in a place that washed lemons, whether they were going into a drink or not.

Comment

I would go back for more calamari.....but after reading all the stories on here about waiters getting flirted with while on shift, but never even remotely interested in the person flirting....I don't want to come across as to creepy.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
        I would go back for more calamari.....but after reading all the stories on here about waiters getting flirted with while on shift, but never even remotely interested in the person flirting....I don't want to come across as to creepy.
        Don't go alone at three in the afternoon while requesting that you only be served by that waiter and you should be fine to drop in again in the future with friends.
        Usually when I'm flirted with at work, I'm too tired to pay too much attention to it so I doubt he'll think too much of it either.

Comment

Working...
        X