This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cashierbex View Post
    Not every man is gonna have a girl do their laundry for them. And not every man who does their own laundry is gay. And not every gay man is into girly stuff.

The list could go on and on.
    I have done my own (and familys) laundry for 35 years now. a year before I went off to college my Mother showed me (then made me do it for a while ) how to properly do laundry and what water temps to use and what type of clothes get seperate loads.

Sorry I do not have any "delicate" items

Just becasue I am male who doesw his own laundry does not mean I am gay or even close to it.

Yes there are times when I just throw everything into one load but that is mostly darks (my work uniform is black t-shirts and black cargo pants)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I don't get it. How do you make your own detergent? And does it actually work?
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ooooh, those Purex things are awesome. I used to use them all the time but I haven't been able to find the free and clear ones anymore and I have allergies to the perfumes in regular detergent.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
          Not only does my husband do his own laundry, he makes our detergent.
          I've always wanted to make soap...
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
            I've always wanted to make soap...
            No lye?

My mother used to save all the grease and drippings and make soap.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              No lye?
              Groan. I throw peanuts at you.

888888888 <- peanuts

My mother used to save all the grease and drippings and make soap.
              I heard on a "Bloopers" compilation a recording of a PSA from WWII requesting women to save their used cooking grease and bring it in to the recycling center. Asked my grandmother, who'd lived through that time, what on earth they wanted with used cooking grease. She said she thought they packed the guns in it for shipment overseas, so they wouldn't rust. Never occurred to me they might have been making soap, but that's quite possible.

(So what was the blooper? Well, the announcer ended off by saying, "Remember ladies, bring your fat cans down to the recycling center..."

Comment

Its amazing the conclusions they reach just by looking at you, isn't it? And why didn't SHE know the brand name? I swear I don't know how you keep it together dealing with people like that.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
                  My shirts have yet to change colors, and I don't even use those Tide color catching sheets.
                  I buy the Shout color sheets and they're great, especially if I'm washing new clothes and don't want to run the risk of the dyes mixing together.

I've seen those Purex 3 in 1 sheets . . . I shop with my Mom a lot as well as the fact that I work in a grocery store, I tend to keep up with what's new.

I haven't tried those yet . . . we prefer the Gain HE powder for our front load washer.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    We used to have a male coworker at the fabric store. He got this sexist attitude all the freaking time, from women who just could not believe that a MAAAANNN might know a thing or two about fabric and crafting.

He was quite good at his job, and very knowledgeable, and understandably, it irked him. And having gotten that treatment from sexist men at previous jobs, I fully sympathize with anyone who deals with that garbage.
                    Why is it people can't believe a man can sew or know fabric, yet in practically every movie, TV show, or book, any tailor is always shown as a man?

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      she thought they packed the guns in it for shipment overseas, so they wouldn't rust. Never occurred to me they might have been making soap, but that's quite possible.
                      A little of both; plus some fat was used directly to grease certain types of ammunition. However, the main emphasis was on producing glycerin (it's produced by the same chemical reaction that turns fats into soap); glycerin in turn is a critical component in explosives manufacture. Cool, huh?

As for the original customer - good grief. Just. Wow. "Ma'am, if you believe female parts are needed to do laundry, I have to tell you you may be doing something badly wrong..."

(that's a variation on my standard response to "but wait, you can't be a bike mechanic, you're a girl!" - "Dude. If your penis is directly involved with your bike repair methods, then first of all, do NOT tell me because I so don't want to know, and secondly, I'm pretty sure you're doing something wrong. You may want to talk to somebody about that because I think it may actually be classified as a paraphilia of some kind..."

Comment

Working...
                      X