This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make. Up. Your mind!

Quick, rather minor, rather mind-boggling one here from my new job as AM at the store across town from where I used to work. I worked night shift last night-- a rarity for me anymore, as I have to open the store a lot-- and had a guy come in with lottery, etc. Then, toward the end of the transaction, he slid me a coupon, and this gem of a convo ensued.

SC: Oh, and I want a pack of Camels
    ME: Alright, which kind of Camels?
    SC: I don't care. Whatever. *shrugs*
    ME:......
    SC: Oh just regulars *points to the Blues, or lights, before it was decided that lights might make people think it was healthy*
    ME: Alright. One pack of Blues.

Rest of the transaction went normally, but really? Don't most people have a certain variety (ie light, ultra light, menthol, etc) that they smoke regardless of brand? If it was for someone else, why wouldn't they have told him? I suppose there's the possibility of it being his first time smoking, but for a man who looked to be in his mid forties or more, I highly doubt that. I mean, this is the first time I have honestly had a customer not have a specific kind of cigarette in mind. The man does not know the sort of fuckery I could've pulled, if I didn't value my job as much as I do. Then again, he said he didn't care. I should've grabbed one of the strongest packs of Camels we had. Oh well. What's done is done.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Perhaps his S/O smokes & he's never paid attention to anything beyond the brand name?
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
    X