This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Willy Willy won't go home...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      This customer, calls in today, asks for me by NAME, and throughout the conversation, purposefully called me by another name.
      So he called in, asked for *Susan, but throughout the conversation, called me Sally.
      No but wait!
      I send him an EMAIL. Where my name is prominently displayed in my email address (Susan@company.com), the From (Susan Sometimes) and my signature (Kind regards, Susan Sometimes).
      His reply?
      "Hi Sally"
      I've ignored that mail. I'm going to ignore all future mails if they're addressed to Sally. I'm not Sally. I'm SUSAN.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, you seem to have called/emailed the wrong person. I'm Susan, you obviously want Sally, and as we have no employees here by that name, there's nothing I can do to help you." click.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        A former boss of mine was actually legally named Mike, not Michael...so it really pissed him off when people called him Michael
        I have an uncle named Michael, who at various times in his life went by Mike.

We were cleaning out my grandparents' basement, and I came across a box labeled "Mike's". I figured this was some of my uncle's stuff from back when he called himself that.

I opened the box. It was full of microphones.

(yes, they were his)

Comment

Sounds like a typical Richard Cranium.
          GFY

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            I send him an EMAIL. Where my name is prominently displayed in my email address (Susan@company.com), the From (Susan Sometimes) and my signature (Kind regards, Susan Sometimes).

His reply?

"Hi Sally"

I've ignored that mail. I'm going to ignore all future mails if they're addressed to Sally. I'm not Sally. I'm SUSAN.
            I absolutely hate this. There's one idiot in another department at work who would always misspell my name despite the fact it is spelt correctly in the global address book and in the signature.

Was funny when I switched departments, she kept e-mailing me about issues from my old job (still spelling my name wrong), and despite being corrected on both fronts (and even told who to contact about these issues), would ignore my e-mails and keep e-mailing me, name spelt wrong and about issues from my old job. Took multiple e-mails from my old Team Leader and her boss for her to finally get the message to stop bugging me about issues with my old job.
            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
              My stepdad is William but everyone calls him Billy. My uncle? He calls him Will.
              I can beat that. My Dad's name was Arlen. Everbody called him Bill, from the time he was a little kid. The PO would even deliver mail addressed to "William <lastname>"

Quoth iradney View Post
              Yeah, I think it was a passive aggressive attempt to dehumanize me. oh well, I'm not going to have to put up with this much longer
              That, or trying to trip you up (maybe as part of a potential scam), trying to make you feel uncomfortable so that you KNOW who's in charge of the call, so to speak.

I must agree with the above posters, he's a Regal Richard Cranium.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                I opened the box. It was full of microphones.
                I literally LOL'd.

Comment

I had someone at the last restaurant I worked for do that- he was a sort of... middle-aged ex-jock type, all loud and assholey, trying to impress his bros with how much of a jerk he could be to the underpaid chick bringing out the food...

He flat said "Hm, I think I'm going to call you Jennifer" (or whatever the hell it was)... so I started calling him random stuff right back: "Ok then, Chuck, is that going to be all for you?"

He kept it up, but so did I, and I don't think he got his rocks off as much as he'd hoped... for whatever THAT was about, eesh!

Comment

He flat said "Hm, I think I'm going to call you Jennifer" (or whatever the hell it was)...
                    Being actually named Jennifer, when people can't remember my name they pick another 3-syllable female name and call me by that. Kimberly, Stephanie (that one's popular), Samantha...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      However, that is MY decision and MY choice, and I do it for a specific purpose. I do feel a level of authority is necessary if I'm in charge of children, however temporarily. Both 'Auntie' and 'Mrs' give me that social distance that offers it - and both 'Auntie' and the diminished surname give me a touch of friendliness as well.
                      I do similar. The only other name I went by was Supreme Overlord Squeaks, I miss that kid, he was my favorite just for coming up with that. *wipes away tear*
                      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

The name game

Over the years, I've had many customers call me by the wrong name. I get "Steve" a lot, I guess because it's close to "Dave" although I have always gone by and introduced myself (and when I had to wear a nametag) as David. This is a bit of a turnaround, though. I was looking for a new Minivan when we started our family and this one guy called me no less than FOUR different names while trying to sell me their most expensive option package. I thanked him and purposely called him by the wrong name. I don't think he even noticed.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                          Being actually named Jennifer, when people can't remember my name they pick another 3-syllable female name and call me by that. Kimberly, Stephanie (that one's popular), Samantha...
                          They call me "girl"
                          They call me "Stacy"
                          They call me "her"
                          They call me "Jane"

That's not my name...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                            They call me "girl"
                            They call me "Stacy"
                            They call me "her"
                            They call me "Jane"

That's not my name...
                            Ugh that song really irritates me! Just tell them your name! You spend ~3 minutes ranting about all the wrong names they call you, but as far as I can say you don't ever tell them the ones they can!

Comment

Working...
                            X