Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't know I'm your personal cashier...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know I'm your personal cashier...

On register again today...

A woman came through my lane and seemed normal. *looks at forum title* If she was I wouldn't be posting this.

So her transaction is almost finished, I bag her items and she pays with a credit card. The servers are busy or something, so it takes a bit longer than usual for the card to come back as ok and for everything to print. During the ~10 second interval, the next customer in line asks a simple question: where's the Koolaid mix.

SC: (trying to talk over me as I'm telling the next customer where the mix is) EXCUSE ME! Can we finish MY transaction first?
    NC (next customer): Excuse you, I just asked a question.
    SC: That's very rude! I am the customer!
    NC: I'm a customer too. The cashier was waiting for something to print out, and I had a three-second question. YOU'RE the rude one here.
    SC: I don't care! I didn't have to wait for anything to print out!
    NC: Yes, you did. If you have a credit card you must know that you need to sign the slip.
    I desperately want to snark off at her, but A is within earshot and I don't want to give her anything to use against me.
    SC: This is very bad customer service!
    NC: (to me) I agree with the 'bad customer' part.
    Me: (sweetly) You can fill out a comment card at the desk if you'd like. (I knew that said complaint would be ignored as soon as it hit SM's inbox)
    NC: (extreme sarcasm) Well you have a blessed day now.
    SC: (whirls around, almost hitting me in the face with her giant purse) WHAT did you say to me?!
    NC: I said you have a BLESSED day.
    SC stomps off with her groceries. D who is bagging on the next register is trying very hard not to bust out laughing.
    NC: What the HELL is her problem? I wasn't being rude, was I?
    Me: Absolutely not. You had a question, I answered it which is what I'm paid to do.
    NC: She must not get out much.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Well...to play the Devil's advocate, I don't much care to be interrupted by one customer while serving another (especially when I'm measuring out several yards of fabric, as it tends to make me lose count).

On the other hand, the NC did have a very simple question, you were not in the middle of something complicated and the SC did rather fly off the handle and was very wrong to take it out on you. I do wonder how the scene would've played out if the NC waited until the SC's transaction was completely finished.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I get the feeling NC spends their time around these traps, that was brilliant.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

As a cashier, I hate it when I'm interrupted with a customer. Excluding when I'm simply standing there, waiting for something to print out? Ask away.

Comment

Exactly. At that point in time I'm not really doing anything other than standing there and it doesn't take any real effort on my part to tell a customer where something simple is. If I can answer a question before I start ringing someone up, that saves time as I don't have to wait on them and they don't have to rush getting it.

Now, an SC throwing their items on the scanner when I'm finishing up, that's rude (and tends to make the register very unhappy).

Comment

Dont you just love how "Another customer calling SC out on her bullshit=bad customer service" ummmm what exactly did you do wrong? wtf mate!

Comment

Yes, how dare I pay any attention to anyone else She would have had a bigger shitfit today, every 20 seconds a different person was asking me something.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                Dont you just love how "Another customer calling SC out on her bullshit=bad customer service" ummmm what exactly did you do wrong? wtf mate!
                Yeah I just love this logic (seen it in a few threads lately). How on earth do SC's think a store can control their other customers, when they can't even control the suck that is so strong in them?!
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

SC: That's very rude! I am the customer!
                  NC: I'm a customer too.
                  I love that line. Cos so many customers forget this. The SCs are in their own little world where they think "I'm the customer - kiss my feet!" and try to apply it to everyone - including other customers.

They forget that other customers can tell them to " off" etc.

Comment

Sounds like the one customer already had WAY TOO MUCH Koolaid. LOL!
                    Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Quoth redsox33413 View Post
                      Sounds like the one customer already had WAY TOO MUCH Koolaid. LOL!
                      Actually, it looks like the SC needs to have some more Koolaid - brewed to Jim Jones' special recipie.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Actually, it looks like the SC needs to have some more Koolaid - brewed to Jim Jones' special recipie.
                        It was grape Flavor Aid, not Kool-Aid.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X