This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't know???!!!

Ok folks here is another tale from the bullseye of red.

I work in the early morning doing unload and stock. The primary place that I start in E and F aka chemicals and toys. I have work these two departments exclusively for about a year now, this however was about 4 months ago.

cast of characters:

Me: Helpful and all knowing of E and F
    Women who is sexist: hereinto know as SW(sexist woman)(I hope I get the term right but you will know what I mean in the tale)
    CW: coworker at guest serive

I am working in the laundry section of E when I ask a lady if "I can help her find something?". When this occurs.

Me: Hi, can I help you find something?
    SW: No, because your not a woman.
    Me: (ok if it has anything to do with the hygene aile for women and girls then no, but I degress) Well ma'am I work over here so I know a lot about what we carry.
    SW: Well I doubt that you do, I doubt that you do your own clothes.
    Me: Well just in case I can try to help you, what are you looking for?
    SW: Its a all in one washing, drying, and fabric softner sheet.
    Me: Well I haven't seen that but lets loo....(gets cut off with)
    SW: SEE I KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!!
    Me: Ma'am lets look for it over here, if we have it, it will be over here(starts to walk over to the fabric softner aile)
    Me: looking all over and not seeing anything. Well do you know the name of the of it. Who made it?
    SW: NO!!! See you still don't know do you.
    Me: Let me ask someone else see if they have heard of it.
    SW: cat butt face
    Me: (over walkie) anyone heard of this?(described item)
    Random CWers: Nope sorry
    SW: Well the girl at the service desk know what I'm looking for.
    Me: you mean cw(said name)
    SW: Yeah her.
    Me: ok let me call her. (over walkie):Hey CW guest says you know what she is talking about(describe item), anything?
    CW: no......???
    Me: k, thanks. Sorry ma'am I don't know what to tell you.
    SW: Well if you were a woman you would know!!!
    Me: Well ma'am I have worked this dept. now for about 6 months, eveyday just about. When was the last time you bought item.
    SW: Well it was about 9 months ago or so.
    Me: We just got through a reset about 4 months ago so, it has a good possibility of not being carried anymore.
    SW: Well nevermind then. walks away.
    Me:

That just really made me furious. I have been doing my own laundry since I was about 12 years old, and just because I'm a guy I didn't know anything about laundry soap???

Some nerve.

Not every man is gonna have a girl do their laundry for them. And not every man who does their own laundry is gay. And not every gay man is into girly stuff.

The list could go on and on.

Comment

All you did was try to help her!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've never heard of that product, of course I tend to mute and ignore TV commercials, but still... and that woman was a jerk. Plenty of men do their own laundry. What a twit.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Demonpriest View Post
          That just really made me furious. I have been doing my own laundry since I was about 12 years old, and just because I'm a guy I didn't know anything about laundry soap???

Some nerve.
          My hubby does just about as much laundry as I do (though I will admit I know more about brands, mainly cause I'm allergic to a couple of them, so it's self-perservation). And he does more vacuuming than I do, because of a shoulder problem I have.

Then again, when we shop for computers, all the techs talk to him, even though I'm the one asking the questions and he hasn't a clue.

Sexist stereotypes are alive and well in the 21st century.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Probably talking about these. http://www.purex.com/products/deterg...omplete-3-in-1

The only reason I knew right off was because I am lazy and LOVE these, lol. And believe it or not my HUSBAND is the one that bought them in the first place for us to try them out. Since you know, he shares in the laundry duty and all.

Comment

SW: Well if you were a woman you would know!!!
              Me: Does that mean you are not a woman as you don't know either?

It is interesting to see a story from the other side. Usually we see the stories of a man not wanting a woman to help with something mechanical or technical.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

We used to have a male coworker at the fabric store. He got this sexist attitude all the freaking time, from women who just could not believe that a MAAAANNN might know a thing or two about fabric and crafting.

He was quite good at his job, and very knowledgeable, and understandably, it irked him. And having gotten that treatment from sexist men at previous jobs, I fully sympathize with anyone who deals with that garbage.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I knew about those combo laundry things, but the only reason I knew was because of my dad - he buys all the laundry soap, toilet paper, groceries - everything for himself & my mom. My 21 year old son has been doing his own laundry since he was 12 too - that sexist attitude of that woman was totally uncalled for.
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
                  RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

My 10 year old son helps his dad do the laundry, though I tend to be the one to shop for our detergent, thanks to allergies to perfumes. He has also learned to cook from his dad.

And that woman? If I had been there, I'd have asked her, "Are you STILL stuck in the kitchen making sandwiches for your husband?! Geeze, get a grip!"

Hmm.. a three in one.. wonder if it'd trigger my perfume allergies....
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I still believe that stereotype myself, because my 24 year old boyfriend still thinks everything goes together in the wash

He was horrified when I told him how many different loads I have to do per week, and I said, "Well, you have to seperate your delicates from the heavier coloreds, and then there's the jeans."

I really, really wonder what magical stuff he uses. He has some white shirts that magically are fine, even when playing with jeans and his darker colored clothes.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Not only does my husband do his own laundry, he makes our detergent.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          I still believe that stereotype myself, because my 24 year old boyfriend still thinks everything goes together in the wash

He was horrified when I told him how many different loads I have to do per week, and I said, "Well, you have to seperate your delicates from the heavier coloreds, and then there's the jeans."

I really, really wonder what magical stuff he uses. He has some white shirts that magically are fine, even when playing with jeans and his darker colored clothes.

My shirts have yet to change colors, and I don't even use those Tide color catching sheets.

Comment

Maybe she was talking about one of those dry clean at home kits.

BTW, I'm another guy who does his own laundry.

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

I have been doing laundry for :ahem: a lot of years I always put everything together in the wash. The secret is to wash in cold water. It's only warm or hot water that makes colors run.

That said, there are times that warm or hot water is called for, but for the most part cold water works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X