This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks 3rd party for creating SCs

SC booked a room for her father through hotels.com and asked when our shuttle runs. As soon as I tell him that we have no shuttle, he gets on the phone with his daughter. Daughter yelled at me saying she called earlier and spoke with a lady who said we have a shuttle. Of course the SC couldn't tell me a name. Turns out it was hotels.com who said we have a shuttle.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Ah...so much fun when they screw up amenities, no? Hell, I have enough trouble with our company's own central reservations screwing things up. I'm so glad my chain only does limited business with 3rd parties...there are only two major 3rd party booking sites that we deal with, and I think that's more than enough...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We were having problems with them telling people that they could leave there car here for free while they fly off somewhere for 2 weeks. My manager called them and acted like a customer and he said they represent them self as if they are at the hotel, so that may be where some of the confusion comes from.
      "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

did the manager call them out on it?

although maybe it's me but... i never assumed they patched me through to the hotel when i've booked with them. i've always known it was THEM i was dealing with and not the hotel directly.

and sometimes that's been the reason *why* i've called them ... mainly when overseas trying to pick from a list of hotels and not knowing if the local staff spoke english.

Comment

Ouch. That's one of the reasons why I'm weary of booking through sites like that. I always fear misinformation. :/

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
            We were having problems with them telling people that they could leave there car here for free while they fly off somewhere for 2 weeks. My manager called them and acted like a customer and he said they represent them self as if they are at the hotel, so that may be where some of the confusion comes from.
            When we were preparing for our cruise last year, I went directly to the hotel's website to verify the package was offered, and called the hotel (not their 800#) to confirm that we could leave our cars there (booking 2 rooms, so 2 cars were OK), and that they would in fact drive us to the pier, even though it was 1/2 mile outside of their official shuttle range.

Needless to say, we got accurate information, and next time I cruise to Alaska, I know where I'm staying.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
            X