This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back after a big shift.

Well, after having dropped off the proverbial radar for a time, I'm back. A little over a month ago I made the big move and have shifted from New Zealand over to the US, being now located in Northern Cali. Still working on the red tape side of things though, SSA is being slow and has still not got my Social Security card out to me yet (and as many know, without the card, there is not a heck of a lot I can do)
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Welcome back to CS, Kagato! ^__^

And welcome to the wild, weird world that is the US of A, as well.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You're in my home state, on the opposite end, admittedly.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

So... Falling up to spring?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*waves from a little to the south-west*
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
            SSA is being slow and has still not got my Social Security card out to me yet (and as many know, without the card, there is not a heck of a lot I can do)
            Welcome back as long as u have the notice your waiting on it you can apply for job unless u don't have a number at all till they get it to you if that's the case good luck.

Welcome back.

And thanks for reminding me I need to write to CT to get my birth certi, the romba ate mine and shredded it to bits.

Comment

I hope you used plenty of air freshener....

Oh..that title does not say what I thought it said....
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth raw1989 View Post
                Welcome back as long as u have the notice your waiting on it you can apply for job unless u don't have a number at all till they get it to you if that's the case good luck.

Welcome back.

And thanks for reminding me I need to write to CT to get my birth certi, the romba ate mine and shredded it to bits.
                Yeah, I don't have a SS number at all until I receive the card. Getting a bit grumpy since the 2 week mark has passed and I still have not received it yet. Had no luck contacting SSA today, trying again tomorrow. I can't apply for work full stop until my Adjustment of Status goes through USCIS... well, I can APPLY, I just can't WORK until the paperwork has been done and approved.
                Violets are blue,
                Roses are red,
                I bequeath to thee...
                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  I hope you used plenty of air freshener....

Oh..that title does not say what I thought it said....

That's how I read it the first time too.

Does that make me a bad person?
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

How I read the title?

You didn't bring any quakes with you, did you?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      That's how I read it the first time too.

Does that make me a bad person?
                      Then I'm bad too....
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        How I read the title?

You didn't bring any quakes with you, did you?
                        Nah, lived too far north, for one thing. I was located in Auckland, while the big quakes were down in Canterbury, to the far south. Besides, doesn't California get enough quakes already?
                        Violets are blue,
                        Roses are red,
                        I bequeath to thee...
                        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                          Besides, doesn't California get enough quakes already?
                          You can blame St. Andrew for that.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X