This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the middle

My wife and I were sitting in a quiet hotel/restaurant/gift shop in the mountains of west Texas. While having dinner two women come to the counter near us to buy homemade fudge (yum). A woman comes to help them, presenting them with a full sheet of freshly made fudgey goodness.
    One of the ladies asks for a piece, taken from the center of the tray. "The edges of the outer pieces get hard otherwise." The server hesitates a little and says "Okay, let me see what I can do."
    She puzzles over it for a moment, and says "I don't think I can do that without ruining the pieces around it."
    The prospective buyer says, "Well, if you don't want to - I'm only your customer," in one of those icy polite snot voices I'm sure you're all familiar with.
    The server is visibly perturbed, and says she'll see if she can get someone to help her better, leaving then to go get who I assume was the manager.
    As the manager works to loosen the precious precious center piece loose without ruining the rest of the fudge, the customer says over and over "If she'd just said she couldn't do it - but she said she would. If she'd just told me from the start she couldn't..." On and on and on she went singing the same note over and over. Mrs. Seigus and I rolled our eyes very hard and resisted the urge to get involved.
    The bitch constantly complained to her companion the entire transaction, then finally waddled out with her treasure. I am unaware of the fate of the rest of the fudge.
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

But, but, but...the crunchy bits on the sides are sooooo good. If done right with fudge, its even better than the crispy bits on the side of baked cheese and mac.

Comment

Working...
    X