Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Gun Pimp.

Quote:
Quoth protege View Post
If the car truly is being disposed of, I can see why someone wouldn't want to spend money on it. For example, when I disposed of my Mazda in 2007, the last thing I wanted to do was spend more. By then, it had failed its state inspection twice, and was going to need more work to get legal. When I took it to the dealer, to trade it in, the appraiser started bitching about the tires. My reaction? "Look, I know what this car is worth. The tires are worn, but I'm not putting more money into it. You're already low-balling me on the trade..."

But, there are those who will buy the cheapest parts (or service) possible, and then scream when it fails. I know people (hell, I'm related to one), who buy cheap oil and filters...and then can't understand why their engines fail. Same people buy cheap tools, and then scream when they break.
I traded in my rusted out, 198K suburban, guy asked me what I wanted- I said not to be charged for illegal dumping. Maybe a soda? Then they start pissing and moaning.
Dude the fact it didn't come apart like the Bluesmobile when I parked it is beyond me, just give me something...if it was good I'd still be driving it. Funny thing is I got more then I figured I would.

Windage and Elevation.

Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 03-04-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Bagger

When I traded in my old 1992 Chevrolet Corsica back in 2009, I told the dealer it was worth about $50, which was how much it cost them to tow it off the lot because it died on them the very next day.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Chairman of the Board

The ones I deal with that drive me nuts are the realtors who make a sale of a 6 million dollar house, charge $180,000.00 agent commission and then ask US if we can cut their client a deal on our $8,000.00 escrow fee.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
Dude the fact it didn't come apart like the Bluesmobile when I parked it is beyond me, just give me something...if it was good I'd still be driving it.
My dad had the opposite happen. He was trading in his shitbox '88 Taurus on a newer Saturn. You name it, it was broken on the Taurus. Broken rear springs, inoperative dashboard (remember those digital gauges?), rusted-out top on the fuel tank, peeling or bleached out silver paint, and a lot of rust. Who knows how many times that piece of crap had circled the planet... Anyway, after the dealer had come up with a number, he was told to keep driving it, as his new car wasn't ready yet. A few days later, he was down there dropping off the Taurus. He pulled up, got out, closed the door...and the door fell off onto the pavement Dealer tried to weasel out of it, but he threatened to take his business elsewhere if they did.

Old 03-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Your dad drove the Bluesmobile?

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 03-11-2019, 12:57 AM
Cashier

Once I bought a parts car from a guy who didn't have the title and his story kept changing.
Drug it home and stuffed it in the garage. After I had pulled all the parts off it that I wanted I called a junk yard. They said they could only give me the cost of the tow, meaning they would come get it and I would get no money. But I was fine with that I just wanted it gone.

The flatbed showed up, guy asked if I had a title, I said no, he asked if I had a bill of sale, I said no, he said ok and hauled it away.

I guess that just meant they crushed it today and not tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:14 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Dave in MD View Post
... asked if I had a title
...asked if I had a bill of sale...
... [didn't] ask if there was a body in the trunk...

Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
Your dad drove the Bluesmobile?
Nope, he just didn't maintain his vehicles. Most of his cars were in rough shape.

Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

Reminds me of the car my brother once bought for $400. He had to fiddle with the engine and couldn't get the damn thing to turn over. Had me sitting me in the driver's seat turning the key while he messed with it.

He had a rag that got soaked in gasoline and it dripped on the motor.

Yes, it caught on fire. That was fun (not).