No announcement yet.

Brandy, the Paranoid Mortgage Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mortgage is quite difficult for a person who cannot calculate how much money he has to pay a year in advance. Strangely, she was approved for a mortgage, given her behavior. It's unlikely she had a good credit history. A mortgage is a great investment that should be used in your youth. Because in old age, if necessary, you will be able to use a reverse mortgage and receive additional money for the pension payments, which will certainly be very necessary.
    Last edited by Wakarisu; 05-26-2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Why do anything for this person unless legally required to? If she need a document that you do not handle, it is her problem not yours.

Comment

• Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        Why do anything for this person unless legally required to? If she need a document that you do not handle, it is her problem not yours.
        She would have made it my problem by calling me incessantly. Giving her the contact info for the title company was the fastest way to get her off the phone.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• It's been over a year since I've heard from Brandy. Today, I called her uncle for something unrelated, and she answered the phone. I hadn't ever put 2 and 2 together, even though they have the same last name, and a not very common one at that.

I asked for her uncle, and while we were waiting for him to come to the phone, I asked how she's been. She said she'd been camping locally for a while, but she fell and injured her liver, causing internal bleeding. She was in the hospital for a while, and now she's living with her uncle. No mention of the kid she would have had by now. I could speculate, but considering her history of drug use and/or mental health issues, none of it would be good.

It was the weirdest blast from the past.

ETA: When Brandy's uncle came in to sign the thing I needed (again, unrelated to Brandy), he confirmed that Brandy was living with him. She told him that she has 2 tumors on her liver related to radiation she experienced while working construction. (From what Brandy's told me, she used to run ground-penetrating radar in preparation for various construction projects.) Brandy also told him that her ex-husband exposed her to radiation on purpose. I take that with a grain of salt. But he confirmed that she was in the hospital for a week.
          Last edited by Ghel; 06-08-2023, 02:59 PM.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Hm. Radar and Radiation have similar sounds but they're entirely unrelated otherwise. Liver trouble ain't fun, can confirm. At least she's got a responsible adult around now.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Yeah, I was confused by the whole radar/radiation thing. It made as little sense to me as anything else I've heard about/from Brandy. And how does one deliberately expose their spouse to radiation? I can't imagine that.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
              X