No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitch is marathoning the original Doctor Who and my son is smitten. He wants to show it to his friends. I'm afraid most boysof 8-9 will be less inclined to watch slower-paced British shows from the 70's with goofy costumes than he is though.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Twitch is marathoning the original Doctor Who and my son is smitten. He wants to show it to his friends. I'm afraid most boysof 8-9 will be less inclined to watch slower-paced British shows from the 70's with goofy costumes than he is though.
      Isn't Sarah Jane Chronicles meant to be geared to younger kids?

At least it's not Torchwood

Comment

• I am not sure. We're just watching what happens to be on whenever we turn on Twitch. It's the third Doctor right now.

Comment

• John Pertwee?

Comment

• Yup. I think he's a good starter because he actually is more action-oriented than some of the others. More Venusian karate

Comment

• And I say unto you, do not curse the drivers ahead of you who appear to have stopped for no reason at all, for in fact they might be waiting for Mama Ducky and her little Baby Ducky to get safely across the road ...
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• this book from the library about the characters from Arthur meeting The Backstreet Boys (so...written a while ago. Also a real thing, I swear). All I can think about is Muffy listening to her Backstreet Boys CD and the one sings "Am I sexual?" and the rest of them are like, "Yeeeah."

Comment

• So, my family vacation to Spain (I’m the bachelor uncle) has progressed to our week in Barcelona (we got the Sagrada Familia up front, and yes it's amazing). For this segment the tour company put us up in an apartment rather than a hotel. This is mostly ok, but with little quirks and gaps about the place. This morning I figured out the pattern: The apartment is a "fresh install" — they set up a checklist of furniture and equipment, but nobody had tried to live in it before us. (Eta: the apartment itself isn’t new, just the furnishings and equipment.J
                  Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 06-19-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    this book from the library about the characters from Arthur meeting The Backstreet Boys (so...written a while ago. Also a real thing, I swear). All I can think about is Muffy listening to her Backstreet Boys CD and the one sings "Am I sexual?" and the rest of them are like, "Yeeeah."
                    Oh I believe it was a thing. My hat's off to the people behind the animated series who didn't play down to children.

I love Arthur and the series is just perfect, whatever changes they made. Which from what I could tell was just that Arthur's mom doesn't wear a dress and Sue Ellen lost a few pounds (makes sense, as she lived with her family in countries where obesity is rarely an issue).

And I'm not ashamed to say I was a Backstreet Boys fan as a kid so I'm well on board with a crossover.
                    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
                      Oh I believe it was a thing. My hat's off to the people behind the animated series who didn't play down to children.

I love Arthur and the series is just perfect, whatever changes they made. Which from what I could tell was just that Arthur's mom doesn't wear a dress and Sue Ellen lost a few pounds (makes sense, as she lived with her family in countries where obesity is rarely an issue).

And I'm not ashamed to say I was a Backstreet Boys fan as a kid so I'm well on board with a crossover.
                      It was definitely a thing, which aired as a special called "Arthur, It's Only Rock n Roll."

Yup, I love the show too.
                      I think the only thing that they did end up eventually doing was getting rid of the imagination spots to avoid confusing kids, but I haven't seen the new series recently to confirm. The rest of it is really good though and I do love how they're tackling various issues in ways that a) make sense and b) aren't nearly as anvilicious (eg Marina's vision impairment)

Comment

• Speaking of ducks...that reminds me of something I read once about a whole city(Milwaukee?Minneapolis?)rerouting or delaying its WWII victory parade because it would have had to have gone over the bridge where some ducks were hatching young..but I can't remember anything more..any help folks?
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Text exchange between my cousin and me...

Him: "Hey I got gas for $1.29"
                          Me: "Where?"
                          Him: "Taco Bell drive thru LOL"
                          Me: "LMAO!"
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I had emailed Fred Meyer customer service about some digital coupons that didn't get applied and now I see a new line of fine print on their digital coupons. "Digital Coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item." Dang! I was doubling paper and digital coupons on so many things, they finally caught up with me.

But at least one coupon had no reason for not being applied, since I wasn't using any other coupon, so I was glad to see they gave me a credit for most of the digital coupons even ones that should have been excluded due to this new rule.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Mental note: do not wear a knee-length tea dress when going to the sandwich van. Your legs aren't nice enough for full-on Marilyn Monroe moments.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• /\ This demands a poll on how nice greek_jester's legs are, with or without a tea dress
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X