This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another householdy question

A while ago my "Check filter" light went on, on my a/c unit. I dragged out the filter screen and OMG it was horrendous. I vacuumed it and re-installed it.

Now, a mere month or so later, the light is on again.

Should i

(a) scrub it thoroughly and re-install it, or

(b) say the hell with it and just buy a new one? Assuming I can GET a new one at this time of year ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

If it were me, I'd clean it (shouldn't be as bad this time.) I don't think it would need to be replaced if it's been cooling like it should. It's possible that the weird year we've had just made it run more than normal so it triggered the cleaning light. You could see if any stores have them if you are worried about it, but this late in the year it's very unlikely there are any left.

Comment

If it's a Window A/C, that's pretty much normal. I have 1 unit that is normally once a month, and a second that is every 2 weeks or so, depending on how much I use it. My guess is the filter looks like there isn't much on it. I normally take a small brush or hand broom, and dust it off, then put it back in the A/C and hit the reset switch.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
      X