Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'll bet that kid's sick all the time...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were the mom, I would've probably not taken a chance & just thrown away the licorice.

Comment

Actually, the kid probably has a better immune system for all that.
      I actually like George Carlin's theory. Now, the thing with Carlin is I'm never certain whether he's being sarcastic or completely serious, but anyway. In one of his bits, he states that it doesn't matter where it falls or how long it was there, he picks it up and continues to eat it. Bleh. But in any case, it was recently proven on Mythbusters that really, it doesn't matter how long whatever it is has been on the floor (in seconds anyway), it will still have the same amount of bacteria.

Further, constantly exposing your immune system is one way to strengthen it. Now granted, you DO have to recover, but it's funny to see people look at me like I'm crazy while I walk outside without my coat on. Yes, it's cold. No, I don't care. Notice again that I'm not getting sick nor have I gotten sick the entire winter season thus far. If I get sick, I get sick. It happens so rarely anymore that I don't worry about it. But yes, per the situation described, that's still pretty gross, even for a two year old.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Jbball View Post
        Gross.

I'm the proud parent of a 9 month old little boy, and I saw the most ignorant thing ever, well, in my viewpoint it was pretty bad.

We're in Wally World buying formula, when this lady strolls by with, what looks to be a 1 year old, feeding him a sausage biscuit from the attached McDonalds. I wanted to drop kick her in the back for feeding her innocent child such HORRIBLE food.
        Why were you so worried? The food is not the healthiest, but certainly not going to hurt him overall, unless eaten more than once a week.

I don't feed my kids fast food except once a week, fridays, when we go shopping. It keeps them occupied, and fed, as it is usually around either lunch or dinner when we go, depending if my youngest has had a nap. It is their 'treat' for the week.

Believe me, she could have been feeding the baby way worse things.

Quoth gunsage View Post
        I actually like George Carlin's theory. Now, the thing with Carlin is I'm never certain whether he's being sarcastic or completely serious, but anyway. In one of his bits, he states that it doesn't matter where it falls or how long it was there, he picks it up and continues to eat it. Bleh. But in any case, it was recently proven on Mythbusters that really, it doesn't matter how long whatever it is has been on the floor (in seconds anyway), it will still have the same amount of bacteria.

Further, constantly exposing your immune system is one way to strengthen it. Now granted, you DO have to recover, but it's funny to see people look at me like I'm crazy while I walk outside without my coat on. Yes, it's cold. No, I don't care. Notice again that I'm not getting sick nor have I gotten sick the entire winter season thus far. If I get sick, I get sick. It happens so rarely anymore that I don't worry about it. But yes, per the situation described, that's still pretty gross, even for a two year old.
        I love that bit. "We used to swim in RAW SEWAGE!!"

And the reason you don't get sick when not wearing a coat, is because viruses and bacteria cause sickness, not inclimate weather. Granted, hypothermia is an exception, but that is an extreme situation.
        Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-04-2008, 09:03 PM.
        "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

The cold may not cause the illness, but it weakens your immune system's defense against the aforementioned viruses and bacteria.

There are many instances when we almost become sick, or become sick and don't know it, because our bodies fight it off before we display symptoms.
          "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Working...
          X