Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But I saw it on e-bay! (not really a BAD customer, just annoying)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I saw it on e-bay! (not really a BAD customer, just annoying)

(As dictated to me by Mike, who wanted to have this story posted. I didn't see the whole thing happen.)

I work in a hobbyshop that sells RC cars (not like radio shack RC, good quality stuff people race with). We had a guy call in yesterday looking for an RC semi truck and trailer. My co-worker, Mike, told him, "No, we sure don't. We don't carry RC big-rigs."

SC-"Okay, thank you."

Fast forward to today. The same guy comes in today with a low quality, toy RC truck he bought at Publix ( as if coming in to the store would magically make it appear), and starts to talk to Mike.

SC- "Hey, I need someone who knows what they're doin' cause I don't..."
    Mike (not RC technician)- "How can I help you?"
    SC- "I need a radio controlled big rig."(like publix toy)
    Mike- "Sorry, we don't carry any of those. We have competition RC, we don''t carry any toys like that."
    SC- "You're telling me you don't carry anything like that?"
    Mike- "No, the brands we carry don't make any RC big rigs."
    SC- "That can't be true, I've seen them on e-bay."
    Mike- "Well, we don't carry them and the brands we carry don't make them."
    SC- "Is there any way you can check?"
    Mike- *goes to the back and talks to the owner* *after several minutes comes back out and talks to the guy* "There is a company that makes big rig kits however, they are not ready to run, you have to build them and provide all of the electronics yourself. You will be spending about a thousand dollars to have the thing completed."
    SC- "But, I've seen them on e-bay for $75 to $200!
    Mike- "Then e-bay is your best bet."
    SC- "But I need it today."
    Mike- "Even if we ordered one for you we wouldn't get it today and it would take you AT LEAST a week to build it."
    SC- "What kind of a Hobby Shop are you?!!" *storms out, very angry"

What part of, "we don't have it, we don't have it, we don't have it" Don't people understand? How many times do you have to tell someone before they believe you? I mean, we only work here, I think we would know!
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

I would have started out with "Well A$$hat, we aren't eBay."
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Ah the omnipotent magical oracle of ebay.
      "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

My boyfriend works in a hobby store that sells model trains. He gets all sorts of morons coming in and whining that the train they want doesnt come already assembled with the tracks already laid out, with the buildings and fake plant life and whatever else not all ready set up.

The whole point of model railroading is doing the work yourself. Buying the engines and the cars, and building a table to put the track on and setting up the wiring with fiber optic lights in the buildings and street lights.

A lot of people come into his store wanting a set, not a kit. (a set would be everything all ready to go, a kit is something you have to assemble and set up on your own) If they want something that comes with everything you need, and all you have to do is take it out of the box and put batteries in it, they can go to WalMart.

I crochet, and the few times I've been offered money to crochet something for someone, they always want it within a week, and they dont want to pay me for my time and supplies. It's not like I have a sweat shop of 8yr old Bangladeshi children, crocheting their fingers down to the bone in my basement.

Comment

SC- "Is there any way you can check?"
          Gah! I hate that question!!

If I wasn't sure of the answer, I would say (and have said many times), "I'm not sure, let me check." Since I am saying "NO" you can be sure I have had reason to check in the past and now know the answer. So sure, let me go waste my time and yours asking the manager a question that I already know the answer to...grr.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
            What part of, "we don't have it, we don't have it, we don't have it" Don't people understand?
            See, they're not hearing the don't part . . . they're hearing "We have it, We have it, We have it." The SC brain (if there is one) can't process and comprehend "can't, won't, don't or no."

. . . Unless it was opposite day (which for SC's, is all the time . . .)
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Oh God, I know EXACTLY what you mean. We used to get crap like this all the time when I worked at a Hobby Shop, except we didnt' carry R/C cars at all. Dealing with these people was like pulling teeth, but I've already posted about that.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I saw Christmas thoughts ("It's the thought that counts") for sale on eBay (No joke. The picture was a guy with a wondering look on his face with a rising sun pattern behind him. Someone bid 20 bucks.). You got any of those? How about a dead rat (Again, I actually saw this on eBay)?
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                  People always compliment my afghans and ask me if I can make them one. I just look at them and tell them it'll be 1 year and $5k. That usually shuts them up.
                  It doesnt take me a year to make an afghan. If I'm determined, (and dont have anything else to do) I can get one made in a week or two, but it bugs me when someone wants to buy one and only offers me $20. They'll be lucky if I only have to spend $20 on the yarn. (Red Heart yarn is cheap and can withstand a nuclear holocaust)

So far, the most anyone has paid me for an afghan has been about $60, but that's because I do discounts for family members when they want me to crochet baby afghans as presents for my cousins. I'll have them go with me to pick out the yarn, and they'd better give me plenty of time to make the afghan (I tend to procrastinate when I'm doing something assigned to me)

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                    And Red Heart does last, but it tears the hell out of my fingers after a while. That stuff is rough.
                    It doesnt tear up my fingers. I like that the yarn is somewhat stiff when you're working with it, but once you're done, toss it in the dryer (or wash it) and it softens right up.

The only reason I have all sorts of time to do stuff is because I'm sick now...developed myself an ever-so-pleasant neurological problem. (it's initials are "M S") and I was between jobs when I got diagnosed, so I'm taking a bit of time off to get stuff figured out (and waiting for the vision in my left eye to heal) before I start school this summer.

It's bugging the hell out of me now. I feel like I've been drinking, without the pleasure of alcohol.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                      The only reason I have all sorts of time to do stuff is because I'm sick now...developed myself an ever-so-pleasant neurological problem. (it's initials are "M S") and I was between jobs when I got diagnosed, so I'm taking a bit of time off to get stuff figured out (and waiting for the vision in my left eye to heal) before I start school this summer.
                      My husband's cousin is dealing with this also. We've been doing a little bit of research, and have found Montel Williams to be a good source of info.

Good Luck!
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Afghan

I'm working on one right now, but I have doubled up on the yarn to make it go faster. Red heart, indeed, will survive a nuclear holocaust (with roaches, and Cher).
                        Check out my cosplay social group!
                        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                        X