This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

We're promoting our new tetra-packed wine at the store this week. We have a big display of it at the store entrance.

A customer had been looking at the display, so I meander over to see if she needs help. The following conversation ensues:

Her: What are those?
    Me: Those are our tetra packs. We have four different varietals, and...
    Her: Why?
    Me: I'm sorry, why what?
    Her: Why are they like that?
    Me: Because our winery has decided to offer a new form of packaging.
    Her: Why?
    Me: Are you asking me what the benefits of tetras are? Because there are many, including...
    Her: NO. WHY ARE THEY LIKE THAT?
    Me: Um....well, there are many reasons why someone may choose to buy tetra-packed wine. For example, if you are travelling...
    Her: I just want to know why they are like that! You obviously don't know!

And then she leaves.

I still have no idea what she wanted.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Non-professional wine snob

Okay, I'll bite...what's a tetrapack?

Comment

Like a juice box, sorta.

Comment

Did anyone else have a mental picture of wine being bottled by little fish?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          I did.

Comment

Actually, I had pictured a number of oddly shaped wine bottles fit together in a jigsaw fashion.

Like, say, Tetris.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Me too.. a four pack of fish is the first thing that came to mind until I saw wine..

I hate people like that. They don't really know what they're asking, it comes out stupid when they do ask it, and then when you don't know because they're not being clear, they get all huffy. If she wants to know why it's packed like that, she needs to go ask the winery. (Or is it whinery in her case.. hmm)
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                (Or is it whinery in her case.. hmm)
                I dunno, but I'm not sharing my cheese!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Actually, I had pictured a number of oddly shaped wine bottles fit together in a jigsaw fashion.

Like, say, Tetris.
                  Funny you should say so, because the words have always been linked in my mind too.

When I was putting together the tetra display, I was actually humming the tetris theme song.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                    Her: I just want to know why they are like that! You obviously don't know!
                    'Because that's how they decided to package the items' didn't cross her head?
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I did too ... neon or cardinal?
                      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Nah nothing like loaches. Loaches are the best. Specially clown loaches, they're lovely fish. Oh and koi, I LOVE koi
                        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Like, say, Tetris.
                          omg me too!!!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                            'Because that's how they decided to package the items' didn't cross her head?
                            Ok, what site are we on again?! That would be something l-o-g-i-c-a-l. It's a well-known fact that SCs don't even have a passing acquaintance with it.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                              Funny you should say so, because the words have always been linked in my mind too.

When I was putting together the tetra display, I was actually humming the tetris theme song.
                              Which one? There's three!

Music A, B, or C? My favorite to play with is C

Comment

Working...
                              X