This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy easter! (language)

So I'm helping out downstairs behind a register doing my cashier act for quarters, my little hat is out in front of my register for loose change...
    I'm doing my thing and I look up to see the customer holding a Styrofoam tray with fresh raw shrimp on it, wrapped in cellophane and all like you would find at any grocery store, all is good in the world.
    Silly me. I had looked up just in time to see her looking around as she's putting the shrimp behind the magazines on the shelf. yeah wrap your head around that image for a moment. now it gets fun.

Easter Bunny lady (EB)
    (ME)

Me: I'm sorry miss, do you not want those?
    EB (embarrassed): oh uh no, no thank you, they're leaking, the conveyor belt is wet.
    Me (thinking this is going to be fun to clean up looks over to see only minor spots of water): ok well I'll just take them for you if you don't want them.
    EB: oh ok.

OK lady, here's how things work. you want to keep RAW FRESH SEAFOOD cold. To do that one generally uses something else cold, like a refrigerator, or ice if there is no refrigerator. On display in the seafood counter, it happens to be the latter, ice, if you do not know, is water and when it melts it's (gasp) wet. Now I understand you're a moron but if you don't want them... *ahem* This is not an easter egg hunt, and that is not a FUCKING easter egg, if it was, it would be the worst FUCKING easter egg in the world! "here kid have an easter egg, it's full of raw shrimp!" "The fuck man?"
    thank you go kill yourself. have a nice night.
    and I mean really I shouldn't get annoyed by this, but I had this happen once before with clams, didn't see it and found out only when I picked up a secretly stashed bag, after I'm guessing a couple hours only to have it's now obvious contents spill all over me. Fuck you lady, you're not the easter bunny
    Well that was a bit like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

That's just gross and lazy.

There's tons of stories on this site about customers who have left meat in dry product sections, milk with the magazines, etc etc.

How hard is it to ask the cashier to have someone put it away if you are too lazy to do it yourself? No one wants to find leaky meat in the magazine aisle, or frozen pizzas in with the cereal.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I once saw a 4L jug of milk sitting on the floor in the frozen foods section in my local Safeway, about 20 feet from the dairy section. And it's literally just down the aisle from where some idiot customer left it. :| People.

Comment

Bleh, I hate people who do that sort of thing. I don't understand how people can do that sort of thing. Now my kids are pretty good but they aren't angels and sometimes they grab something off the shelves and put it in the cart, if I notice this even if I am already in line for the register I will leave the line and go hunt down where the product goes and put it back. It really isn't that hard, and I know how busy the cashiers are, so if I can save them a little hassle I will.

Comment

That bugs me so much.
          In the grocery store, there was always the element of spoilage from perishable items being tossed because the customer overspent or decided they no longer wanted the item.

It's especially annoying in a store that uses the shelf/bin labels for pricing. Customers don't read the description. They only see the price, and someone else comes along and sees an item in front of the wrong label and insists that's the correct price, and that we have to give it to them because the ticket/sign said that was the price.

Another thing that really bugs me is the customers who leave their handbaskets or shopping carts only a few feet from the racks. It's only a few more steps, people. Just put the damn things away.
          Last edited by Ree; 12-02-2007, 02:22 PM.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            Another thing that really bugs me is the customers who leave their handbaskets or shopping carts only a few feet from the racks. It's only a few more steps, people. Just put the damn things away.
            Ooh, this one drives me nuts too. Our store is located at the entrance to the grocery store. People are always abandoning their carts directly in front of the doorway to our store.

The worst part is, they have to literally walk by the cart corrals to leave the store. Its not even an inch out of their way to return their carts to the proper spot.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

All it takes is one cart left out of place, and all the little lemming customers follow along in kind. Far be it for anyone to break the trend and *gasp* actually take the cart to the proper area.

For a while, we had a shopping cart in our lobby as part of a merchandising display.
              Naturally, in sucky customer mindset, this was a cue to just randomly leave their shopping carts beside that one.
              It was a constant battle to keep the lobby clear so people could actually exit past the carts.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

That same situation applies to parking lots as well, Ree. All it takes is one person to park like a jackass, then everyone else parks in the same fashion, and pretty soon it looks like a sideways painting by Picasso or something.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  That same situation applies to parking lots as well, Ree. All it takes is one person to park like a jackass, then everyone else parks in the same fashion, and pretty soon it looks like a sideways painting by Picasso or something.
                  It's a chain reaction, the first jackass is sucky, everybody else is working with the FUBAR'd situation.
                  ludo ergo sum

Comment

And customers wonder why the prices keep going up...
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      All it takes is one cart left out of place, and all the little lemming customers follow along in kind. Far be it for anyone to break the trend and *gasp* actually take the cart to the proper area.
                      See, I tend to be the person who breaks the trend. I have this thing where unless weather is SUPER sucky or I'm in a huge hurry, I will wander halfway around the parking lot collecting all the carts and putting them away.

But yeah...putting raw shrimp in the magazine racks? Um, ew.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

This reminded me of a particularly traumatic Easter at my grandparents' house when I was little. Way back when, they'd use real, hardboiled eggs.

I found one, and when I picked it up, the shell cracked and it was full of maggots. Noone remembered hiding one where I found it. Our suspicion is that it was hidden too well the year before.

Ever since then, my family has used plastic eggs with candy and money inside, all poorly hidden.
                        Flood

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post

I found one, and when I picked it up, the shell cracked and it was full of maggots. Noone remembered hiding one where I found it. Our suspicion is that it was hidden too well the year before.

Wow... Just wow, I think that beats raw shrimp as the suckiest easter egg ever
                          Well that was a bit like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                            ...I found one, and when I picked it up, the shell cracked and it was full of maggots...
                            Eeeeewwwwwwww

I hate the whole "hiding goods" thing. Some lowlives do this on purpose, so they later can come back, "find" the product and then demand free chocolate or wine..

In regards to the whole shopping cart/trolley thingie, we have a rather clever system here;

You actually slit a coin in the trolley for a kind of deposit. So in order to get your money back when you are done shopping, you have to bring the trolley back to its place :-)

Comment

Quoth ImadeYouACookie View Post
                              You actually slit a coin in the trolley for a kind of deposit. So in order to get your money back when you are done shopping, you have to bring the trolley back to its place :-)
                              We have that too, but it's only at most a dollar, usually only 25 cents, and you'd be surprised (or maybe not) just how many people say "eh, it's only a dollar, not worth my time" and leave the carts all willy-nilly.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X