Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discontinued parts, this is a government conspiracy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued parts, this is a government conspiracy.

Working for PDA Inc, we sell PDAs, and out PDA cell phone. Now, as with all manufacturers we introduce new models, and phase out the older models. Once we have the older models discontinued, we sell all of the accessories to sites that deal in discontinued parts. Here's a wonderful gem..

D: your tech support bastard.
    SC: Brain child who blames the government for everything.
    *x*: denotes MUTE button and that I want to kill this pathetic fleshling for pure idocy

D: Thank you for calling ****, this is Deceptitech, how may I help you?

SC: Yes, I was looking on your website for a hotsync cable for my treo 600, and you don't have it on your website.

D: Yes, that product is discontinued, and we no longer carry that cable for this model. there are other----

SC: Why not, I bought this last year at T-mobile, and you should have the parts for it.*no ma'am, since it is not made any longer does not mean we carry it still* Does this mean I have to buy a new phone just because it is old?*no, but it makes me question your ability to understand logic*

D: No, it just means that we do not carry this product, as it has run its course as a model that we carry, it has been replaced with a newer model. There are websites that deal with parts for discontinued PDAs and you can order the cable you need.

SC: I don't want to buy a new phone. this one works just fine, so you should have the cable for it. I mean when I go to Volvo for parts for my 2005, they have those parts there. You should have the part for your treo there.

D: Ma'am, electronics have a shorter lifespan, and only last a couple years. Now would that mean Volkswagen have parts at their dealerships for a 1963 beetle?

SC: I don't care about my car,*YOU brought it up first* I want a cable for my treo 600. Why do you big corporations have to screw everyone who wants to have an older product?*Just to screw you royally*

D: The product is fully functional, but it is something we no longer have accessories to. now if you go to this site, they have the cable you are looking for. it is one of our cables, but they sell them.

SC: I want you to sell me a cable for my treo.*I cannot bend the laws of space, time and reality*

D: Ma'am, if you go the www.*******.com, they have these cables for you to pur--

SC: Oh so they can screw me to? This is a conspiracy between that bastard Bush and big corporations to screw me isn't it?*No, it's my way of ruining your day so I can get a jump on the christmas season*

D: If you go to that website I mentioned earlier, www.********.com, you can order the cable you need for under 30.00.(this was 24.99, which was CHEAPER than we had it on our site, and it is brand new)

SC: Oh, so they can screw me too? I don't think so. I'm writing my congressman to shut your f**king company down.*And on that day, Satan will be skating to work*

D: I'm sorry I can't help you ma'am, but you have a good night, and thank you for calling the **** store.

SC: F**K Y--{released}

I love people like that.
    Last edited by Deceptitech; 10-05-2006, 03:22 AM.
    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

That lady is an idiot. Discontinued parts websites actually give you better prices than you would get at retailers. Hell, when Hurricane Wilma (the bitch!) flooded my old apartment and managed to destroy the remotes to my DVD and VCR players, I found a site online that sold those remotes, bought them for dirt cheap, and had them in short order in my new apartment. Cheap and easy...isn't that what SC's want?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post
      D: Ma'am, electronics have a shorter lifespan, and only last a couple years. Now would that mean Volkswagen have parts at their dealerships for a 1963 beetle?
      Hehe VW used to pride themselves on the fact that most of the Beetle stuff was interchangeable. It's still surprising what you can sometimes find for those cars at some dealers...especially those that have been around for awhile.

I just wonder what the woman would think if she had say, an old MGB. I have a feeling she'd go ballistic over the fact that the car was discontinued in 1980 and that parts are only available from a few online sources, usually at pretty good prices...sometimes much cheaper than scrapyards or E-Pay

On similar lines, does anyone else find it annoying that I can get parts for the MG within 2 days from a place in California...whereas parts for my 6-year-old Mazda can take 2 weeks? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post
        SC: Oh, so they can screw me too? I don't think so. I'm writing my congressman to shut your f**king company down.
        God, those are my favorite! The ones that think that they can bring a corporation down with one customer service complaint!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          On similar lines, does anyone else find it annoying that I can get parts for the MG within 2 days from a place in California...whereas parts for my 6-year-old Mazda can take 2 weeks? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
          I don't find it annoying at all-I see it all of the time at work. But alot of those parts are ones that are really obscure, and were thought to be "unbreakable" but some knob in a suit-or the part you needed was superseded by a new, less shitty part. We hate it as much as you do, trust me.

EDIT-Trim pieces are the worst for this-especially ones that are coloured differently on the interior of the car-because you may have a tan piece, but you need the grey piece...Oh, that's coming from Detroit. Sorry, two weeks. Argh...
          Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 10-04-2006, 02:55 PM.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

OK, who let the stupid woman near a working phone?

It was YOU, wasn't it???? :looking suspiciously at everyone:
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Funnier than that is what happened with my stepsister and I. We had virtually the identical vehicle; I had a 1989 Chevy Blazer S-10, and she had a 1990 Chevy Blazer S-10. The difference was that mine was made in the U.S. and hers was made in Canada. What's the big deal? When I needed parts, I had no problem, even way out here on this little remote island. When she needed parts, it took them a while to get, and they were metric. I used to love teasing her about it.

Now I tease her about the fact that she has a 1990 Chevy Blazer, while I have traded in my 1989 Chevy Blazer for a 2000 Chevy Blazer. There are times when she really wants to kill me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Funnier than that is what happened with my stepsister and I. We had virtually the identical vehicle; I had a 1989 Chevy Blazer S-10, and she had a 1990 Chevy Blazer S-10. The difference was that mine was made in the U.S. and hers was made in Canada. What's the big deal? When I needed parts, I had no problem, even way out here on this little remote island. When she needed parts, it took them a while to get, and they were metric. I used to love teasing her about it.
                I can't really complain about the MGB's parts supply. Since 500,000 were made from 1962-80, things are plentiful. However, if I had one of the less-popular ones (for example, the MGC, 8,999 made total from 1967-69) I'd really be screwed. Even though the MGC uses roughly the same bodyshell as the 'B' (different hood panel, and the floorboards are slightly different) some things can be a pain to find--the suspension on the MGC is totally different to compensate for the heavy straight-six engine. Before I got the car in 2004, my father used to bitch about how "expensive" the parts were. I kept having to remind him that we should be thankful we no longer have to scrounge the junkyards hoping to find a dead MGB to pick over for parts and can simply order what we need
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Myself, I have two rather awesome vehicles. Well, awesome to me.

The first is something of a rarity now. A 1999 Daewoo. What makes it a rarity, and I have the papers to prove this, is the car was first sent to Australia, and then sent to the US. It was one of the first on the east coast too. (Side note: I'm told by my mechanic that it looks like they converted it from a right hand drive to left. It'd be costly to convert it back, but I'm rather tempted. Now, if I can only learn to shift with my left hand instead of my right.) The problem with this car is that there are NO Daewoo dealers in the US. Not a single one. Oh, sure, the signs are still floating around, but the US exports division went out of business. Parts take an average of four to six weeks. Sometimes longer.

My other vehicle is a 1985 CJ-7. It's a Jeep. Rather good condition, nice four speed, four wheel drive; and a ball to drive. Plus, it gets around 30mpg...so
                  Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Back on the cell phone topic, there's a law that was passed by the FCC stating that after a certain date, NO cellular company could have ANY cell phones operating that were not GPS capable. Their reasoning is I guess, if you dial 911, then pass out, they can still find you. Well, after a certain date, we will no longer be able to get parts for the phones we had that were not GPS capable.

When the day comes that we can't get those parts anymore, it's gonna be a bad day. They're not warning any of their customers about this either. It's getting harder and harder to get parts, so I'm pretty sure the cutoff date is soon. A LOT of customers for Yellow Box Company carry old phones, so they're not gonna be happy. But for once, it's not our fault!

Still, I shudder to think of the confrontations Tech will be having in the next few months.
                    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                      The first is something of a rarity now. A 1999 Daewoo.
                      What's rare is a Daewoo lasting longer than two years. They're like Kias and Hyundais, been making cars since the early eighties and yet you never see any old ones.
                      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
                      X