This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beating the kid to death with a shoe

The other day at Sam's Club, I was getting ready to clean the bathrooms when this kid, who was about 5 years old, started screaming at the top of his lungs. From what I was told, it seems that he wanted some candy & his mother said no & when he started whining, the mother took off her shoe & started beating the poor kid with it!

The kid's screams could be heard throughout the store. Management flew over to the front BUT nobody did anything! They just stood around while the mother kept beating the kid with the shoe. & when I asked why somebody didn't call the cops, I was told that.."they're afraid the mother will stop shopping here".

You read that right. They were more worried about losing a sale than the safety of a child!

Now I hope this isn't fratching material BUT if it is, then MODS, you know what to do...lol.

If she was hitting him on his but I see nothing wrong with it. It's parenting. But it sounds like she was really beating him, that should warrant a police call indeed.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

Regardless of personal opinions, if the hitting and screaming were so viscous that managers came running to the front, then a call was warranted.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
        If she was hitting him on his but I see nothing wrong with it. It's parenting. But it sounds like she was really beating him, that should warrant a police call indeed.
        Pretty much yeah. But she probably should have just taken the kid home and stopped bringing him to the store.

Comment

I've seen child services called just because a kid was seen in public with bad bruises and a concerned citizen called. If there was beating going on, I'm sure the call would have been warranted.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            I've seen child services called just because a kid was seen in public with bad bruises and a concerned citizen called.
            And they'll blame the wrong people for the attack.
            I speak from personal experience.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post

The kid's screams could be heard throughout the store. Management flew over to the front BUT nobody did anything! They just stood around while the mother kept beating the kid with the shoe. & when I asked why somebody didn't call the cops, I was told that.."they're afraid the mother will stop shopping here".
              Frankly, I myself would be more afraid of being the kind of person who looks the other way when a child is being abused, just because I want the mother to keep shopping with me.

But then again I'm not a management type.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

But then again I'm not a management type.
                What with that pesky spine and everything...
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Where I work store management (even the store manager) is not allowed to call any government agency (police, CPS, etc) without corporate approval. The only expection is an ambulance if someone needs it (and then it HAS to be done by an MOD or above, CSA's not allowed).

And they can fire people for breaking this policy.

Comment

Quoth Kelshir View Post
                    Where I work store management (even the store manager) is not allowed to call any government agency (police, CPS, etc) without corporate approval. The only expection is an ambulance if someone needs it (and then it HAS to be done by an MOD or above, CSA's not allowed).

Ummm, yeah, I'm going to have to say there's no way that can be legal.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Corporal punishment with your hand is one thing, BEATING the child with a SHOE/Paddle/Belt is quite another. What this mother did was wrong on so many levels. Yes, the police should have been called.

Comment

Quoth Kelshir View Post

I may be talking out of my arse, but I'm fairly certain that's a violation of several laws, and possibly human rights. Then again, I am Not a Lawyer, so, take what I say with a grain of salt.

Comment

Ok folks, first of all, this is a forum for venting about sucky customers, sightings of sucky customers and the like.
                          It is NOT for debating whether stores should/should not call the authorities or the way that people discipline their kids.

If it needs a disclaimer, it goes to fratching.

Closed.
                          Last edited by iradney; 08-16-2009, 04:48 PM.
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                          X