Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<age> year old <gender>, seeking catharsis.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <age> year old <gender>, seeking catharsis.

Customers Suck used to be a big part of my life. As a teenager, I read this forum after discovering it thanks to Jennie Breeden over at The Devil's Panties. I read it, primarily for amusement, and justification of my cynicism, I suppose (or maybe just a deep seated sense of schaudenfreude). Even though I didn't have a job, I read it religiously, occasionally offering to the conversation, and posting stories where I could find them. I didn't have many stories to offer, working once or twice a year at local conventions.

Last time I signed in was shortly after the job situation changed, and I started working tech support. I've gone through a few different companies since then, making a little bit more money each time, and I'm now at a place I don't hate, and actually have room to grow here.

In the time since I visited this site regularly, I've subsisted on TFTS over on reddit, but as satisfying and specific as that was, you never forget your first. So here I am, probably to mostly lurk, post something inane every so often, vent a bit, and hopefully help others in the same way CS helped me: By providing entertainment, possibly at my own expense. Although I wasn't working, I feel like this site helped me be a better person and a better customer.
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

That's quite kind of you - Welcome back!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X