X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah...

how did you know?

It is 2 minutes after close today and I am standing at the doors to tell the idiots that are trying to come in that we are closed. The doors are set to only let people out, but when the people walk out the idiots walk in.

Anyway, this oldish lady walks in and I tell her that we are closed. She asks what time we close. I tell her 5:30. She says that we are closing early. I say that we are not. She says that we are and looks at her watch. I say that we go by the shop clock wich says that it is a few minutes after close. She says in this "I know how you operate, you peice of shit" voice...

"Well, you all just turn 'em back"

??????

I say "we do not turn the clocks back...we can't. We go by the shops time on the tills"

She says (in a "you are a very sad person and a bad person for turning the clocks back so a wonderful person like me..who probably had all day to shop because I am past retirement age and decided to come in at the last minute...couldn't do their shopping" "yeah, right....yes you do. Of course you turn them back"

I say (in a very nasty way) "No...we DON'T turn the clocks back"

She says "well, I know you do"

and she leaves.

WTF? That pissed me off..........had to vent.
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

What an unusual woman!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

*Puts on a SC disguise*

Don't you know, you are suppose to go by my watch/cellphone/wall clock and not by the store clock. I will have you fired, if you think any different.

*Takes of the SC disguise* wow, that was hurting my brain, for a bit.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

When I get to work today, I'm gonna make sure our clocks at the Circ Desk are set correctly. Patrons are always complaining that our clocks are off. My bet is that they're slow and we're open an extra few minutes every day.

Funny how 2 huge CLOSED signs on the door, all the lights being off, the automatic doors set open to let people out, the security guard standing by the door, not to mention the five recorded "We're Closing!" announcements, have absolutely no effect on some people.

SC: "Huh? What? You're closed?????? But it's only 8 seconds to 5 and I NEED THIS BOOK, NOW!!!!!!! Uh, where's the Non-Fiction section?"

Me:
        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

My response: "Regardless, the simple truth is that we're closed. Have a good day! I know mine will improve as soon as you leave! Goodbye!" *swiftly closes door and locks it*

I'm glad I work in a 24-hour store where I don't have to worry about closing procedures and battling last-minute customers. At shift change, I simply pull my drawer and swap it to the closed register. I hand the relief clerk the new drawer, and type in the commands to print the shift closing reports. I count my drawer down to the set up amount for the next shift, drop the rest of my shift's money in the safe, gather my reports, then go home when my paperwork is done. The store is in the hands of the new clerk, and my job is done until my next work day.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
          X