This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal space!!

WTF was up with all the creepy-ass customers today?!?

I mean, yes, it's good to stand in front of me while you're trying to talk, but not THAT close! You don't have to be close enough for me to count the pores on your nose. I swear, every single customer was like that today. Hello--PERSONAL SPACE!!!

And get the HELL OFF my ladder while I'm on it scooping your fish from the top row of aquariums. Not only did I JUST TELL YOU it's for employee use only, you are freaking me out, it's dangerous, and I'm inches/moments away from kicking you in the balls. This actually happened TWICE today.

I have two words for you....FULL MOON!!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

A full moon means the freaks come out to Wal-Mart.

Comment

Weirdest thing ever, last time there was a full moon, MY customers were NORMAL.

CritterGirl- I sympathize with you. I HATE HATE HATE when people invade my personal space. I get very antsy. I don't like to be crowded.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

When I was flying I hated it when people stood in the galley. Hello, this is our little office, go away!
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Hey, you could always, um, "lose your footing" a bit and force them off the ladder...

"See, that's why I told you to stay off it!"
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth CritterGirl View Post
              I'm inches/moments away from kicking you in the balls. This actually happened TWICE today.
              You actually kicked customers in the balls TWICE? In one day?? :looking hopeful:

Nah, I guess I took it out of context.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                A full moon means the freaks come out to Wal-Mart.
                Actaually, there is no greater percentage of freaks out during the full moon than any of the rest of the month. But it is fun to blame them on it.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                You actually kicked customers in the balls TWICE? In one day?? :looking hopeful:
                *snicker*

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  *snicker*
                  I had such joy on my face when I read and wrote those things.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had such joy on my face when I read and wrote those things.
                    Heh...

Totally unrelated, but I made a new character for City of Heroes whose name is likely to be generic'd eventually.*

The name is Vash di'Forenz and his boots look like they're made of brass.

And he has an eyepatch. On account of having only one eye. Yeah, it's not right. Funny, tho.

* for those who don't know, if a GM decides that your name is "inappropriate" then it gets changed to "Generic Hero ### ### ###" until you give them a name that they agree with.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's why I tend to remain behind the counter when customers are in the store. It's a natural personal space barrier. I have no problem with reclaiming personal space. I step away as much as possible. If they approach, I step away, and make it more obvious. If they approach again, I start making comments about not getting that close with people I like. I don't embarrass easily, so I can usually get the point across by embarrassing them instead.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Oh man I have a huge issue with people invading my 'personal space'. When I was the 'greeter' at the store, people ALWAYS invaded my space. They would get <>this close to me. I'd take a step back...they take 2 steps forward...I take another step back...they lean in...I lean back...(you'd THINK they'd get it...but no) When I finally got their name and what they needed help with...I ALWAYS turned around, snarled up my nose and kind of gag/coughed...like they smelled...even if they didn't. (Although most of the time they did)
                        Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Nah, I guess I took it out of context.
                          And yea....I was kinda hoping too. hahaha.
                          Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Quoth SCSlave View Post
                            And yea....I was kinda hoping too. hahaha.
                            We rock.

Or something.

Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X