Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These people made me walk through memory lane...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, ask the ghostie if it brought cheetos. Ghosties love cheetos.

Mmm... cheetos.

Comment

Ghost Writer

Personally, I think your response was stupid. I hate so-called para-normal stories where on the first hint of something strange people run away.

When something like that happens around me I rip right in to find out what is going on. Never once did I find any real para-normal things. Instead I have found that pranks were being played, people were mis-interpreting what they were seeing or there was a very odd-ball event going on.

But it bugs me how other people around just express fear and/or amazement but refuse to investigate or study, sometimes to the point that they are running away while I am walking towards the event.

How do you know someone was not pranking you, did you look around?

How do you not know that the paper was reflecting oddly at different angles, did you examine the pad?

Are you sure you were even looking at the same table/pad each time. Don't think I am kidding the number of times in tech support when I have to point out which table look for something is to find what they were sure was elsewhere is just amazing in how lost people get once they assume they can't be wrong.
      Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 07-29-2007, 03:55 AM. Reason: missing words

Comment

Update on Ghostwriter

Damn you, Pezzle! Cheetos are my favorite snack, but I'm not allowed to have any! So, I took the paper to a friend's apartment (who doesn't work at the store.) to find out what was going on. I took it to this particular friend because she's psychic and can communicate with ghosts. I showed her the paper and asked her if it was real or if one of my co-workers suddenly developed the power of really fast speed and got himself an Invisibility Cloak. She examined it for a few minutes and said that a spirit did indeed write on it. She gave me a pen and told me to write back. When I asked why, she replied that the spirit was attracted to me because I looked similar to a friend of his when he was alive. The spirit mistook me for that friend. Or, as we all know, S. So, I took the pen and wrote "What does the date and time mean?" We waited a few minutes and nothing happened. Then, we got tired of waiting and went to get a snack from her kitchen. When we came back, The paper said, "S, date is the day that my little sister needs to do her tests. The time is how long the doctors estimate it will take. Speaking of my sister, have you seen her? I've looked all day. -D" My friend looks at the paper for a few minutes, and says that this is the ghost's actual response. There is no way that someone was pranking me, she concludes. She holds the paper and tells me that the ghost's name is D (pretty obvious) and been looking for his sister for quite a while. He used to work in the store I'm working in now. The reason he chose to contact me now instead of before is because in life he didn't want to ask for help unless it was dire and he's the same way in death. I ask her what do I do, and she says to find out more about him and send him to eternal peace. So now I need to have a talk with G who's been working there since the 70s and figure out how to put him in eternal peace. All this ghost-communicating is giving me a big headache. Now I need some Tylenol and a nap.
        "But I don't want to be among mad people."
        You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Wow o_O

....Why has the terminator 2 theme just started playing in my head?
          Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
          Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

why did the music from the premenition trailors and sandra bullucks voice pop in mine?

Comment

You should, like, get a cash bonus from management for ridding your store's breakroom of restless spirits and stuff. If it were me, I'd ask the ghost to fill out a C1 Customer Survey -laugh-

Comment

Okay, so I talked with G about D, or the spooky ghostie. G said that D used to work here with his best friend, S. At the date mentioned on the pad, D went to take his little sister to the hospital. Little sister had cancer at the time and was scheduled for tests. Well, D and Lil' sis never made it there. A drunk driver passed out at the wheel and crashed into D's car killing him instantly and putting his sister into a coma. She died about a few weeks later. S was devasted when she heard about this. She kept getting nightmares and decided that it was too much for her to handle. So she quit and moved to her grandparents' house in Ohio to try to escape all these tragic memories. No one's heard from her since. G then told me that she was quite surprised when I first worked here because I looked a lot like S and thought that she finally came back. So that's why she asked if I was related to the *last name* on my first day. I'm not, by the way. Our similarity in appearance is just a coincidence. I asked what happened to the driver and G said that he had some warrent on him so they arrested him for that along with drunk driving and as far as G knows, he's still serving time.
                I told my psychic friend this, (who shall now be called M) and she began to piece this all together. D's sister was buried after D. This confused D into thinking his sister is still alive. So, he's been searching for her all this time. M told me that I had to tell D his sister was at peace and to go with her. As for why I had to do it? You guessed it, I looked like S. So I did what M told me, and the room felt calmer, like some heavy weight was lifted. There was nothing wrong with the room before, it just didn't feel comfortable. But now, it felt warmer and calmer. M told me that D finally moved on. I'm just glad this ghost story is over. I do not want to be involved in another past tragedy from beyond the grave again! I need to hug my Ellie Elephant now...

Comment

Holy crap. That's pretty amazing. When did you start working there? Did you always take your breaks in that room? Was that the first time there was a pad of paper and pen in that room?

Neat-O.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                    Holy crap. That's pretty amazing. When did you start working there? Did you always take your breaks in that room? Was that the first time there was a pad of paper and pen in that room?

Neat-O.

Started working there about 2-3 years ago, most of the time I take my breaks in that room, and the pad and pen was in there for about a week.

Comment

Ooh creepy ghost story - guess it's all over now though... that's good. But weird..... do ghosts have pens?? How was he able to put ink on the paper??? oooh creepy. I think I would have freaked out too.... sorry, I'm not interacting with a ghost or possible demon.....

... it could've been a horcrux! What if it had sucked you into itself and you couldn't get out?? what if it took over your body and made you do awful things?? /end harry potter reference

Comment

wow thats awesome my own ghost story isnt near as awesome just you know tramatizing....
                        oh and i wanna babar plushie!!!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          wow thats awesome my own ghost story isnt near as awesome just you know tramatizing....
                          oh and i wanna babar plushie!!!
                          Actually, my Ellie Elephant is a sock elephant. Sort of like how my sister has a sock monkey in her closet. Only, I sleep with my sock elephant.

Comment

Working...
                          X