Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Atkins died of a head injury. What, precisely, led to the head injury is unknown because it's really none of our business."

I understand the man slipped on ice walking down a street in New York and cracked his head on the sidewalk. But you're right, it really isn't anyone's business. Of course, since he was the founder of an upopular lifestyle, his detractors are going to go "Ooooh, look! Atkins is dead! And YOU WILL BE, TOO, if you don't eat your french fries and white bread!"

"An attorney I used to work with dropped his cholesterol completely with diet. He doesn't want to go on the medications. It is also more common for doctors to prescribe medication to female patients, instead of pursuing more testing and alternative treatments."

Which really pisses me off, because I have three very good friends (my brother in law, my SCA sister, and a fiddle player I like to jam with) who all control their chronically high cholestrol with diet and exercise. I've read that meds are particularly useless with female patients. But don't even get me started on fact that women routinely get short shifted by the medical community.

As for milk, it ain't the fat, it's the sugar. Fat does not make you fat. If you like it, drink it, there are certainly worse things to ingest. But don't think the fat will kill you, and don't think you're getting your calcium. All that is a crock. So drink it whole, and enjoy it like it's desert. I only give it to my girl in the evening. She gets whole organic cow's milk...not because she needs it, because she doesn't. She gets it because she enjoys it. It's her little indulgence.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      "Ooooh, look! Atkins is dead! And YOU WILL BE, TOO, if you don't eat your french fries and white bread!"
      "Oooh! Atilla the Hun is dead, and you will be too if you go rampaging across Europe with hordes of warriors at your back!"

Actually, you will be dead if you eat the fries and white bread anyway. Depends whether you want to leave a good-looking corpse or don't really care.

Actually, my wish for my death is for it to be painless yet spectacular. I have yet to work out the details, but it may involve steak. Lots of steak.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have a really great diet.

It's called "poor as dirt and got no food in the house".

Seriously, though, I pay no real attention to my diet. I eat whatever seems like a good idea at the time, take my vitamins, wrestle around with the guys a few times, and just don't fret about it. Stress helps make you fat anyway so spazzing about how fat you are only makes it worse, heh.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
          Stress helps make you fat anyway so spazzing about how fat you are only makes it worse, heh.
          Heh. Quoted for truth.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X