This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Did anyone else have a mental picture of wine being bottled by little fish?
    Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
    I did too ... neon or cardinal?
    Actually, since we're dealing with wine, they're probably red-nosed tetras.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
      Which one? There's three!

Music A, B, or C? My favorite to play with is C
      I believe it was A and B that were my favourite. C was the slowish one, kinda like string instruments and clarinets, right? And yeah, I always had "tetra" and "tetris" linked in my head, mainly because tetra is four, and the blocks in tetris have four segments.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Actually, since we're dealing with wine, they're probably red-nosed tetras.
        Don't forget rummy-nose tetras, too! They like the hard stuff

Update: I just checked your link ... duh to me! I've always known them as rummy-nose. I used to have some, but they're pretty hard to keep, since they like warmn, soft, acidic water.
        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

I thought of four-sided dice.

Yeah, that's why I took the name kids.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            I thought of four-sided dice.
            Those things double as pretty decent caltrops, too....

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

yuck... that's like wine in a box... you just don't DO that LOL

(so what ARE the benefits? Cause I know my wine snob family would never touch tetra-packed wine with a ten-foot pole)
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                (so what ARE the benefits? Cause I know my wine snob family would never touch tetra-packed wine with a ten-foot pole)
                A co-worker of mine is a bit of a wine enthusiast, and we were discussing this the other day. Although there's the tradition and perhaps ambiance of using a corkscrew and hearing that cork pop out, sniffing it to check the wine (beats me what they're checking. ), etc, there is a risk of the wine going bad/being contaminated if the cork doesn't seal properly, according to him. Using a screw-cap, which seals much better, ensures the wine is better protected. The same can be said for the 'juice box' packaging, etc. It is to ensure the wine remains fresh.

I'm no expert on the subject, your mileage may vary.
                A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

The point of packaging wine in a bladder inside a box is for both convenience, and to preserve the flavor.

With a bladder, you don't get any trapped air with the wine after it's been opened, and thus it will stay "fresh" longer.

Plus, with any form of screw-on cap, you can often achieve a much more secure seal than with a cork, especially if the cork has been removed once already.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X