X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not my fault you signed up.

I just got off the phone with this man.

A little bit of backstory.
    I do customer care for a loft company. Potential clients sign up to our website with their name, telephone number and email address. I call them and/or email them to get more information on the sort of place that they're looking for then pass that information on to one of the agents.

SC: *mumbles* speaking.
    Me: Hi may I speak with "Steve" please.
    SC: *condescending tone* Uh, yeah, I just said that was me.
    Me: My apologies. This is rerant calling from "Loft Company". I'm calling to follow up to your sign up to our website and was hoping to get a little more information from you to help you find what you're looking for.
    SC: *confused* I didn't sign up to any website.
    Me: *thinking: great, another fake number that turned out to belong to someone else* Is this Steve Lastname?
    SC: Yes but I didn't sign up for any lock website.
    Me: *thinking: ah yes, he's one of the confused ones* It's Loft Company, sir. L-o-f-t.
    SC: Oh. Well I still didn't sign up.
    Me: Just to confirm then this is Steve Lastname, right?
    SC: *very irate* I said I didn't want any calls.
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: *unnecessarily rude* I told you I didn't want any calls!
    Me: I'm sorry, sir, but on your signup form you didn't indicate that you didn't want any calls from us. Would you prefer that I ema-
    SC: *more unnecessary rudeness* I don't want any calls! *click*

Then why the hell did you give us your phone number!?!?
    If you didn't want any damn calls you should have simply left that area blank or entered an obviously fake number like the 555 numbers most people who don't want calls give us.
    Pardon me for doing my job, you miserable asshat.

Last edited by rerant; 07-31-2007, 10:36 PM.

Got an odd question in the same vein.

I signed up to get an e-mail response from a place. I didn't put my phone number in. And they called me! How?...

Comment

OOh I do hate when they REQUIRE you to put in your phone number, then have that little check box for "no calls" and then they call you. Especially when I add in the comments section "Please do not call - please e-mail". That irritates me. But this guy seemed clueless - if he didn't check any boxes or write anything down that said "no calls" then he should have just said something like "oh I'm sorry, I thought I had requested no calls. I can't actually speak to you at this moment, would you please e-mail me?" Now that would've been nicer, huh? But then you woudn't have an SC story to share....

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        I just got off the phone with this man.

A little bit of backstory.
        I do customer care for a loft company. Potential clients sign up to our website with their name, telephone number and email address. I call them and/or email them to get more information on the sort of place that they're looking for then pass that information on to one of the agents.

SC: *mumbles* speaking.
        Me: Hi may I speak with "Steve" please.
        SC: *condescending tone* Uh, yeah, I just said that was me.
        Me: My apologies. This is rerant calling from "Loft Company". I'm calling to follow up to your sign up to our website and was hoping to get a little more information from you to help you find what you're looking for.
        SC: *confused* I didn't sign up to any website.
        Me: *thinking: great, another fake number that turned out to belong to someone else* Is this Steve Lastname?
        SC: Yes but I didn't sign up for any lock website.
        Me: *thinking: ah yes, he's one of the confused ones* It's Loft Company, sir. L-o-f-t.
        SC: Oh. Well I still didn't sign up.
        Me: Just to confirm then this is Steve Lastname, right?
        SC: *very irate* I said I didn't want any calls.
        Me: I'm sorry?
        SC: *unnecessarily rude* I told you I didn't want any calls!
        Me: I'm sorry, sir, but on your signup form you didn't indicate that you didn't want any calls from us. Would you prefer that I ema-
        SC: *more unnecessary rudeness* I don't want any calls! *click*

Then why the hell did you give us your phone number!?!?
        If you didn't want any damn calls you should have simply left that area blank or entered an obviously fake number like the 555 numbers most people who don't want calls give us.
        Pardon me for doing my job, you miserable asshat.

Oh my friend, do I know your pain.. I worked in the vacation industry calling only "warm" leads. i.e. I have your name, email, and phone #, you obviously signed up on the website or called us first!. I',n perfectly happy with "Oh, I didn't want a call, and I'm not interested, please take me off the list." Fine! no prob.. But no.. these characters like to play the "Oh o I didn't, what are you talking about?.. I didn't sign up for anything!" game.. and get super-paranoid. It's so lame, so childish, and incredibly grating. My friend.. I know your pain.. 5 years worth.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Working...
        X