This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and humorous

I got two mildly humorous and stupid phone calls today...

SC- Stupid Customer
    DF- yours truly

DF: "Thank you for calling <company>, this is DesignFox speaking, how may I help you today?"
    SC: "Yea, do you guys do the satellite TV?"
    DF: "Yes we sell satellite service"
    SC: "Well, we just moved into a house, and there were two dishes on the roof that we don't use..."
    DF: "So you'll be needing a technician to come and remove the dishes?"
    SC: "Yes, is there a charge for that?"
    DF: "Yes, it will be $120 an hour to have a technician came remove the dishes."
    SC: "You're kidding, right?"
    DF: "well...no."
    SC: "I don't want to PAY anybody! I'll just take them down myself. Thank you!"
    DF: "Ok, Thanks. Have a nice day!"

Not so much sucky as stupid (the tone of voice was friendly, not demanding). But... I mean, you want us to send a technician out to your house, climb on your roof, remove two dishes, etc.... FOR FREE!? Um...what crack were you smoking when you called a business and expected them to perform this service...FOR FREE?

Not to mention that if our techs are running off to remove dishes, they are using an appointment slot that could otherwise go to a newly activated customer that will earn our store commission...um...yea... people are just so silly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

And the second humorous call for the day:

DF: <standard greeting>
    SC: "Is this <company>?
    DF: "Yes, we sell <company> service."
    SC: "Do you have the _________ phone?"
    DF: "No sir, I'm sorry we don't have that phone in stock."
    SC: "Well WHY NOT!!??"
    DF: ".... because...we have none in stock...? "
    SC: "Well, ok, thanks..."
    DF: "Thank you, Sir. Have a nice day."

I think people loaded up on stupid pills today...

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Ugh, Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief!! Sc's who think you're ownership just because you answer calls!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Uh, yea, cause the OWNER of the business has all the time in the world to answer the phone. He doesn't hire people to do that for him or anything...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
        SC: "Well, we just moved into a house, and there were two dishes on the roof that we don't use..."
        I have to say, I really don't blame that guy for asking that. Was he a current customer as well? And if the previous owners had left them there, wasn't there some way to bill them for the removal? Seems kind of unfair that he has to pay for something that he never used and wasn't his in the first place.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I got two mildly humorous and stupid phone calls today...

SC- Stupid Customer
          DF- yours truly

DF: "Thank you for calling <company>, this is DesignFox speaking, how may I help you today?"
          SC: "Yea, do you guys do the satellite TV?"
          DF: "Yes we sell satellite service"
          I can understand this, he was probably thinking y'all'd be happy to get the dishes back.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I have to say, I really don't blame that guy for asking that. Was he a current customer as well? And if the previous owners had left them there, wasn't there some way to bill them for the removal? Seems kind of unfair that he has to pay for something that he never used and wasn't his in the first place.
            Buyer beware. This is why there's hundreds of pages of documents when you buy a house. Inspect, inspect and then inspect some more, then get any issue down in writing. If he didn't do that then it's his mistake. You can't expect a business to cover the cost of his mistake.

As for the second guy, it's out of stock. I'm sure we'd all love to buy 100 million of each and every gadget that comes out but who can do that and who wants that risk. The store stocks a reasonable amount and sometimes runs out, it's not that unbelievable.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

SC: "Do you have the _________ phone?"
              DF: "No sir, I'm sorry we don't have that phone in stock."
              SC: "Well WHY NOT!!??"
              DF: ".... because...we have none in stock...? "
              SC: "Well, ok, thanks..."
              DF: "Thank you, Sir. Have a nice day."
              Wow. You got lucky. In those situations, I usually end up having to explain the concept of supply and demand. "Our store received 25 of them from the warehouse. 25 people came in before you did and purchased them. Therefore, we're sold out." And I've been surprised by how many people STILL don't get it and turn into whiny three-year-olds in adult bodies: "But I WANT one! I NEED it!"
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

For 42 and Pagan-

No, the people were never satellite customers to begin with. The previous owner just left the dishes for the new owners to deal with.

Second, we aren't the actual service provider. We just sell the service and have service techs available for installation/tech assistance.

It is understandable that they might believe we'd take them down for free in exchange for keeping the equipment, but the person didn't ask about that. If they had specifically asked me that, I would have informed them that, regrettably, we do not offer a trade in.

I don't classify that person as sucky, just not thinking straight.

Comment

Speaking of satellite dishes, there are a couple of dishes on the roof of our house. My wife and I rent this house, and have lived here since January.

So, a few weeks ago, this Mexican couple comes to the door. They said they knew the people who lived here previously, and the previous occupants gave them permission to get the dishes. NO NO NO!!!! I stopped them right there. This house is a rental, and no one touches anything on this property until my wife or I have discussed it with the landlord first. Personally, I don't care about the satellite dishes because we have cable, but they were already installed when we moved in so they shall stay put. The previous tenants should have thought about that before they left. It's their loss now.

The Mexicans again insisted that they knew the previous tenants, and that they had been given permission by those tenants to get the dishes. I again explain my position on the matter in more direct terms. The answer is no, and I'm getting annoyed that they seem unwilling to accept that answer for now. I don't care who you talked to about it. My wife and I will insist on discussing the matter with the landlord before any such action is taken. I told them that they could leave their names and contact information, and one of us would contact them later if the landlord gave his consent. They left without providing any information, and we've not heard a word since. Nobody is going to touch this property or the house in a way that could cause damage for which my wife and I would later be liable. We have a dog who seems good enough at that. We don't need any additional help.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                  X