This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, because I'm the stupid one here

Backstory: I work in a technical dispatch call center. As part of our organization, we have a monitoring group. If they see an alarm on a customer system, they create a case, and I dispatch it to the proper tech, who will handle the issue. We have a few techs, and JP is one of them, who are notoriously attitude-y and obnxoious, though I usually do just fine with JP, because he knows I don't take his crap. Tonight he decided to really get me riled though.

Call goes like this:
    Me
    SA: My lovely monitoring co-worker (in the MG: Monitoring Group)
    JP: The tech I now want to slap until he learns how to behave like a human

Basically, call comes in, starts normally, although I'm already annoyed because JP has me on speakerphone and has a tone right from the start. I get the case pulled up and start explaining what it is...
    JP: So the generator is on?
    Me: Yes, that is what the alarm appears to signify...
    JP: So that means commercial power is out
    Me: Yes, that would make sens...
    JP: So what in the blue blazes does MG expect me to do about this?
    Me: Well, I'm assuming they would like...
    JP: Nevermind, you don't know, just put me through to MG
    Me: (silently fuming) Hold on.

I get SA on the line, explain to him what's up and warn him about the impending crappy attitude.

Me: JP, I've got SA on the line for you from MG
    JP: So the generator is on?
    SA: Yes, that is what the alarm appears to signify...
    JP: So that means commercial power is out
    SA: Yes, that would make sens...
    JP: So what in the hell do you want me to do? Just defer the case!
    SA: Well, it would appear that the customer has in their contract...
    JP: I don't care, just defer it. The power will come back on eventually!
    SA: Sir, we usually expect you to follow up with the customer to verify that...
    JP: We know the power is out, just defer it til it comes back on...
    SA: Sir, if you don't want to take the case, just say that, if not, we need you to verify with the customer..
    JP: *irritated grunting* Just defer the case...I'm gonna call *some other tech* and have him call back to deal with this, I'm sick of it.

The entire call he was speaking down to us, acting like we were being stupid when he was just being flat out ignorant. He is well aware that the customer has a contract, and the contract shows that this alarm is to be handled as an emergency/site down situation, which does not mean we can just ignore it for a while and hope it goes away. Grr. I swear, if I ever meet this man in person, I'm just going to punch him in the mouth.

I'm fine with rude if I deserve it--if I'm being stupid, or you have a good reason to be in a bad mood (i.e. if we screwed something up), but being rude right off the bat, and treating me like I'm stupid when you're the one being stupid...I just don't take kindly to that.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford
Working...
X