Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... people stoped carding me for rated R videos.... im begining to feel old thanks

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      I think its funny when people who are born in 1985 get shocked when I card them. I can understand if they're born in 1975 but not 85. They think just because they turned 21 we all have the power to instantly tell. I've carded thirty year olds before, its hard to tell and not worth loosing your job over.
      I was born in 1975.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Funny thing, but when I was underage and sneaking into bars I would never get carded but soon after I was legal drinking age (18 back then) I got carded all the time. I even got tossed out of one bar because I had been going in there for a couple years and didn't take kindly to me 'tricking' them.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Well, I am 26 years old and I could pass for an 18 year old. That's good for some people but for me, it kinda lowers my self esteem you know? Anyways, whenever I go to the liquor store, store to get a drink or cigarettes, I just right off the bat give them my ID. No question asks.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Ugh, you don't work at my local Best Buy, do you?

I made a specific complaint to the store manager about the music being way to loud and that douchebag said they had to have it like that to show off their stereos and speakers and that I could leave if it bothered me.

I refuse to set foot in that place ever again. The other one that's not quite local is much nicer. But they're still overpriced on what items I've ever priced with them.

^-.-^
            Actually that guy is the first complaint I've ever gotten about the volume of the music. Most customers don't mind it or care enough to complain to anyone about it. Where do you live?

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post
              Actually that guy is the first complaint I've ever gotten about the volume of the music.
              The Best Buy I used to go to would let people crank the volume of the display speakers and subwoofers to test them. This was not a small store, so believe me when I say we were most annoyed when they were allowed (for more than 5-10 minutes at a time) to crank them up high enough that on the opposite corner of the store, you could feel the vibrations.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post
                Actually that guy is the first complaint I've ever gotten about the volume of the music. Most customers don't mind it or care enough to complain to anyone about it. Where do you live?
                The BB that I despise so vehemently is in the Lakewood Center. The music department is in the back left-hand corner of the store. The music was so loud, I could feel the bass thumps from outside the front doors, even when they were closed.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  The Best Buy I used to go to would let people crank the volume of the display speakers and subwoofers to test them. This was not a small store, so believe me when I say we were most annoyed when they were allowed (for more than 5-10 minutes at a time) to crank them up high enough that on the opposite corner of the store, you could feel the vibrations.
                  Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  The BB that I despise so vehemently is in the Lakewood Center. The music department is in the back left-hand corner of the store. The music was so loud, I could feel the bass thumps from outside the front doors, even when they were closed.

^-.-^
                  It seems to me that the music at my store is kept at a pretty reasonable level. Every now again, someone will test the subwoofers and turn the sound up, but it's never for more than 2-3 minutes. Other than that, like I said, that was the only complaint about music I ever got (Well...except that one of the singers for the BBuy music video compliation thing sucks--and I agree with that)

Comment

I'm 26....and was refused a tattoo in the last 6 months because they didn't believe I was 18. *sigh
                    I'm just me. I like it. Stop trying to change what I like!

Comment

The guy at the tattoo parlor almost refused to pierce my tongue because he refused to believe I was actually 18 years old and he swore my ID was fake. (this was 2 years ago)

I also couldn't believe that fresh 18 year olds and fresh 21 year olds would go into panic and shock when I carded them. Get USED to it, for Christ sake. You JUST turned the legal age!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My mother and aunt got thrown out of a bar on their 21st birthday.

They'd actually been going to that bar for about half a year, but when they went to celebrate their 21st birthday, the bouncer refused to believe their IDs were real and refused to let them in.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X