Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a young kid, we got a dog. Unfortunately we'd gotten them from a puppy mill, which was how we wound up with a high-strung golden retriever. Our abusive stepfather didn't help either... We got rid of him after he'd bitten every member of the family. (The dog, not the stepfather. The stepfather took another year or two before he threatened to walk out one time too often, and Mom handed him his suitcase.)

Comment

I have met 1 or 2 really sketchy Goldens. 1 owner tried to tell me that her basket muzzle wearing dog was 'quite normal' in trying to bite people. I don't know the pets current status, but I'm not sure it was possible to rehab the dog with good quality training, and certainly not with that owner.

Comment

Most animals can be dealt with and eventually rehabed to some level of acceptable. It's often not seen as being worth the time, sadly.
        Humans... are generally harder to deal with, and effort to rehab are usually less effective.

I will say this: Not all humans are People. Not all People are humans.

Comment

Our cats have always been very good about the not peeing thing. They will, however, puke on everything. -.- I had to replace a couple SATA cables recently due to puke that apparently happened while I was away in South Carolina a month ago.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            That happened to me. Except my books filled a paper grocery bag and the culprit was my cat.
            Also had it happen to me, except that the bag of books was on the sofa and my longer-haired cat decided it was an ideal place to barf a hairball.

Comment

My girl cat was a puker, and puked on everything. But only sometimes, she would have spells where she was fine for a while, then puke on everything on sight. She was always real good about the litter box though, until the last few months of her life, then it was a free for all. But she could barely walk so we dealt with it.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I had an incident where a tech was calling in to find out how much a new satellite PVR would cost because the owner's cat had peed on the old one, which was purchased. When the tech had to advise the customer they cost 499 the poor guy was like, "I'm gonna kill that cat!"

The happy ending is that I gave him a free rental instead since we're getting rid of satellite anyway...

Comment

One of our cats peed on my sweetie's cell phone. In cat's defense, cat always peed on clothes that were left on the floor (kitty helped much more than my nagging did to convince my sweetie that dirty clothes should go into the laundry hamper) and his phone was in his pocket.

My sweetie rinsed the phone off and put it in a baggie full of rice, then called to see if his warranty covered cat pee. Sadly enough for him, it was considered to be "water damage". He got into the habit of putting his clothes in the hamper post haste.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    He got into the habit of putting his clothes in the hamper post haste.
                    Did he remember to empty the pockets? Or did his phone also get washed?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When I worked in the hospital records section one of the wards sent us a patient chart in a red "contaminated" bag. The ward wasn't supposed to do that; they were supposed to copy the record and send us the copy while properly disposing of the contaminated chart, as we didn't have facilities for handling or storing contaminated charts. My boss raised a fuss, and someone from that ward eventually copied the chart. They also had to disinfect the copier.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Did he remember to empty the pockets? Or did his phone also get washed?
                        My sweetie is nothing but inventive. He has killed phones by:

Phone in pocket going through the washing machine.
                        Phone falling out of pants pocket into toilet.
                        Phone and holster plus belt slipping out of loops and falling into toilet.
                        Phone in vest pocket while riding motorcycle in a monsoon storm. (pocket didn't have drain holes and phones don't like to swim)
                        Phone falling out of pocket while getting into car unnoticed until I found the crushed remains in the driveway after he ran over it.
                        Phone being used as flashlight and dropped into bucket of oil.
                        Phone being used as a camera and getting dropped off boat. (there was another boat incident, I don't remember the details)

The list goes on, but my sweetie learns and never repeats his mistakes. Now, almost 25 years after his first cell phone, he's run out of ways to kill them. His last phone just died because it was almost 3 years old and that's what they do at that age.

Comment

Working...
                        X