This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I don't want free stuff!

First off, Boss Lady sometimes says things that tick me off, but that's related to my relationship with the company. She is a sweet lady and always nice to customers no matter what. She is pretty willing to give them whatever they want, which is what she was trying to do in this situation, trying being the operative word here.

So we have had trouble lately with all kinds of deals not coming off in the system when the cashiers ring stuff up. OK, yes, that can be annoying, but most customers tell me and I fix it and they are happy, even the ones who think they may have made a mistake. (I give it to them anyway because they are so nice about it and it's a waste of time to do price checks. This is the company line and I agree with it in most cases. We're talking a couple of dollars here and there--no big deal.)

So BL told me a story of the only negative survey complaint from last week. It was a buy 2 and get the third free or something like that. Picture it: the cashier's first day of working for our company. The sucktomer complains that the deal doesn't come up stating over and over that the sign says... So cashier calls for help. Boss Lady comes over and says no problem, we believe you and we can fix it right away. She shows cashier how to mark it down to zero. Let that sink in. How many places have you worked where you can just make something zero dollars to make a customer happy? Yeah... But that's not good enough. If the deals don't show up in the computer she doesn't want them. So they put her boxes of crackers back. She threw a fit over crackers. In fact, did the survey and commented that the cashier was nice but Boss Lady was rude. For giving her free stuff. Or trying to....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Is there a lot of stupid in the water lately? Honestly!

Yeah, you can't make them happy with free stuff, special offers, nothing.

I had a guy last week screaming that he was trying to place a free ad via our website (customers selling items at $50 or less can get a freebie) and he was having trouble with the website. He wouldn't listen to anything I said or tried to suggest, and finally yelled that he was going to cancel his subscription. OVER A FREE AD.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yet more cases of people who don't actually want solutions -- they just wanna bitch.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

All too common
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

But Crackers don't matter
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
          X