This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double the suckage! Double the fun!

Had a twofer just now. Customer comes in & stares in bewilderment at the closed ticket barriers & signage about weekend works, as well as the work occurring just off the platform right in my station. I've spent a 12 hour shift yesterday as well as the first half of my 8 hour Sunday shift repeating the same info, so I may have been a little... brusque with this one, but damnit they made it too tempting not to say what I said!

SC: "Are there no trains? The Internet said you have trains."

Me: "No, there's no service all weekend due to the work you can see. It's likely the site was showing you that a route exists but if you clicked through it would probably explain that we have a Rail Replacement Bus Service in operation."

SC: *looks at phone, presses link, feels dumb - and doubles down* "If there's no services, why are you even open?"

Me: "I have to be here to repeat that information because many people just won't believe what they're told."

SC: *small dim nightlight goes off over their head, sheepishly leaves*
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Well, by the standards of most SC's, "sheepishly leaving" practically qualifies this one for an award for politeness, decorum, and intelligence!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      SC: *small dim nightlight goes off over their head, sheepishly leaves*
      I think you might have just met the SC Mensa candidate. It can learn!
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        I think you might have just met the SC Mensa candidate. It can learn!
        Great Scott, they're evolving! Run for it, boys!

Comment

Did it actually learn, or just its brain blue screen?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Did it actually learn, or just its brain blue screen?
            Proven: When an SC's brain blue-screens, it *gains* intelligence.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
              Great Scott, they're evolving! Run for it, boys!
              But if they evolve better, into actual humans, then should we not embrace are newly born Non-Stupid Customers.

YES, let us create in our own image a being that thinks for itself and uses higher reasoning skill.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I'm rose_metal and I approve of this evolving business
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                X