This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't you people ever heard of closing your goddamn door? Part deux

Another guy crapping with the door open at the swamp today.

This one said hi to me as I passed him on the way to the urinal.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oh god, this made me laugh, im so sorry and I'm sure it sucked to go through it, but, oh god. XD
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

No, it's MUCH better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

But really, I can't say it's any worse than the time my entire fourth grade class took a field trip to a ballpark or something that didn't have doors at all on the restrooms. That was probably NOT an ideal place to take 100+ 9-10 year olds. Saying "Hi," though, is just a whole new level of weird. I would say maybe he was just playing off the awkward, but why not close the door in the first place?
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

OK, so I don't always close the bathroom door at home, since I have a cat who occasionally gets rather insistent about accompanying me, and I'd rather not have to listen to her frantically pawing and scratching the door while howling about it (she's a Siamese mix). In a public setting, though, that door gets CLOSED.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My pets do the same thing, but if I'm home by myself and have the door open instead of trying like hell to get in and whining about not being able to they just stare at me. Anytime anyone is in the bathroom and they can't go in and stare they get upset, it's weird.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

I have the door open when I am at home, only because it's just me and the roommate, and neither one of us really gives a crap about seeing the other on the can. But in public? Yea, that door is getting closed.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I've never had anyone forget to close the bathroom door on the train but people forget to lock the door all the time. The bartenders even make a point of reminding them during the safety/orientation speech. Of course we all know how well customers listen.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                OK, so I don't always close the bathroom door at home, since I have a cat who occasionally gets rather insistent about accompanying me, and I'd rather not have to listen to her frantically pawing and scratching the door while howling about it (she's a Siamese mix). In a public setting, though, that door gets CLOSED.
                Same here.

At home, the door is open - otherwise I'd have paws reaching from underneath.

Out in public, however, that door is closed and locked - otherwise someone may freak out and start screaming about a pervert in the restroom.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Same here.

Out in public, however, that door is closed and locked - otherwise someone may freak out and start screaming about a pervert in the restroom.
                  Fastest way to find my cats is to go into the head, lol.

Comment

Quoth otter View Post
                    Fastest way to find my cats is to go into the head, lol.
                    Especially at 5 in the morning when I'm just getting up to get ready for work. Especially if I don't have at least 2 on the bed already waiting for me to get up so they can get fed.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Especially at 5 in the morning when I'm just getting up to get ready for work. Especially if I don't have at least 2 on the bed already waiting for me to get up so they can get fed.
                      Yeah, the Princess makes for a rather effective furry alarm clock. Too bad she hasn't grasped the concept of "day off" yet, though.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Yeah, me too. Though my cat moves pretty fast from just reaching to clawing the carpet on the outside of the door. Funny, a friend of mine can't stand to leave the bathroom door open for any reason, even when she's alone.

I vaguely remember a long time ago walking down the row of stalls in the lady's room, and a mom with some kids was making one of the kids use the bathroom with the door open. I felt bad for the little kid. I don't think all the kids and the mom could have fit inside the stall at once. So I can see why it happened. It was still fairly awkward.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"I crap sins, not tradgies."

Seriously, that is disgusting. Thankfully, I have never run into that.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

"I'm whizzing with the door open...and I love it!"

Comment

Look now

It could be worse. Rather than open doors you could be in this situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ09paQRBnw

Comment

Working...
                              X