Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye. It would be simpler to just have any vehicles meant to be sold in hotter areas automatically come with A/C -- and, FWIW, they do this already, in my experience -- my issue is that they describe it as an "option" simply because it lets them charge more for an "add-on" that they know everyone will have to take.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The hotel my hubby and I stayed in last fall for a wedding in St.Anthony NL had AC. And it's a place that will typically see ice bergs in the area til mid summer.
      Map for reference https://goo.gl/maps/FeLXv

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        im from arizona no ac is ... .... ..... not happening.
        Precisely! I've never heard of a hotel that didn't have air conditioning. I doubt I would've stayed. I wouldn't have been sucky and demanded a discount, but I would probably have found another place to sleep.
        Last edited by thatcrazyredhead; 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM.
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

My dad amazed some full-service attendants in Canada because his car had an air-conditioner.

Here's a thread I started on the subject.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I don't live too far inland and a/c in homes is a pretty recent thing around here (SoCal). The hotels and large business pretty much all have a/c, but the smaller ones often don't.

My house doesn't have a/c, and it's rarely a problem (as in there's been one day in the last 18 months where the temperature of the first floor got above 78...the two upper floors get a bit warmer, but we can generally retreat to the first floor during the hottest part of the day to stay comfortable).
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
              Well, no AC on the Coast. Go inland a bit, and you'll start seeing AC.
              True.....my sister moved to the San Diego area a few years back, and apparently their house is one of many which doesn't have air conditioning.

Comment

Yeah, it can get pretty hot here in the Summer and pretty damn cold come winter time so most hotels in my area have combo ac/heating units. Fans only get you so far once the humidity starts going north a 60.

Comment

I would love to have air that dry I'm a good 4 hours north of the actual Gulf Coast these days (avg 80% humidity during the day), but I grew up where 80-85% was considered bone dry ~_~
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Midnight View Post
                    Fans only get you so far once the humidity starts going north a 60.
                    Same here in Pittsburgh. It gets pretty humid here in the summers. Most of the time, I can get away with having the fans on inside. But, if I come home from work, and it's still 90F at midnight...the AC comes on. Too much humidity causes stuffy air...which can (and usually does) lead to migraines
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I stayed in a hotel once in Washington state and it was pretty warm like 75 degrees. Yes, the hotel did have air conditioner, thank goodness for that, and yes I did blast it, I cant stand being too hot. That's why people, checking the hotel's websites is important, we're not all the same!
                      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Seriously, not having A/C can kill here. Our summers have started reaching 100+ here in central Arkansas and more a week or more. With the humidity, it feels worse.
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I'm glad everywhere I've been sent to has had air conditioning. The states I've been to include North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

Which one didn't get hot enough to need A/C? If you answered none of them, , you win.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            I'm glad everywhere I've been sent to has had air conditioning. The states I've been to include North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

Which one didn't get hot enough to need A/C? If you answered none of them, , you win.
                            Try living here in NC during a heat wave and high humidity . . . spent many a summer in a home w/out A/C.

Nowadays, we can't live without it. Try working in a stuffy, hot back room w/no AC and having hot flashes nonstop . . . it's a wonder some days I haven't drowned from my own sweat.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                              I grew up not far from there. No AC in homes is far from unusual. It just doesn't get hot enough there to really make it worthwhile.
                              Your profile says you're in Sacramento....I remember that place being a hot hell hole every single summer.

As for here, we had the hottest summer on record this year. I would have died without air conditioning.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I didn't grow up in Sacramento, but on the Oregon coast. Moved here in 2004.
                                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                                X