This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Kreskin Case #12345

I got dispatched on an internet originated order. 1066 R St.

I get to the location and find a grassy empty lot. Since this is a nice neighborhood this means a nice flat grassy area between 2 nice houses one is addressed 1064 and the other 1076. I turn my car around so I am ready to go back to the store if necessary.

Call the number on the ticket -- NO answer so I leave my standard voice mail ( verify if an order was placed and I need to verify the address) -- and wait for a few minutes. I call again and get voice mail. as I am leaving a message I get an incoming call indication. I answer the incoming call. It is from the customer.
    '
    me = I just may shave my head bald because of all of the stupid lately
    DA = you know what who does NOT know how to type on a smartphone

me: hello
    DA: YA is this <red roof > pizza guy???
    me: Yes.
    DA: Yes I can confirm that I did place an order
    me: thank you. can you also confirm the address please????
    DA: YES 1065 R St. just like it says on the ticket.
    me: Well I am sorry sir but the ticket does say 1066 R St. and that address does not exist. <at this point I realize I am parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF the correct address>

I get out of my car and head up to the door. Right off the bat the guy is a jerk.
    me : <read off the order and hand him the CC slip to sign. As he is signing I show him the order slip to confirm that indeed the order slip shows the address as 1066 R St.>
    DA: WELL THAT IS NOT WHAT I TYPED IN THAT IS WRONG <no shit Capt. Obvious>
    me: I can only go by what is on the ticket.
    DA <basically throws the CC receipt at me> WELL IT IS STILL WRONG........

<wait for it>

DA: you should know better

Yes he did say that line ..... and yes rude boy did straight stiff me.

WOW I guess my Vulcan power of logic and mind melding are getting weaker.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Put Mr. Idiot on the PERMA-BAN list!

Comment

List

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Put Mr. Idiot on the PERMA-BAN list!
      Is there at least a list of problem customers?

Comment

I'm putting my money on him making the typo intentionally to give him a flimsy excuse to stiff you.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          I'm putting my money on him making the typo intentionally to give him a flimsy excuse to stiff you.
          ^^This. I had a friend who said they do this to get out of tipping the drivers. I never let her order from my place after that.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Anyone who does this is not a nice person.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Agent Paperclip View Post
              ^^This. I had a friend who said they do this to get out of tipping the drivers. I never let her order from my place after that.
              People like that should be forced to work in pizza delivery until it gets through their thick skulls that tipping the driver is a good thing.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Agent Paperclip View Post
                If a friend of mine pulled this, I'd use the past tense to describe our friendship too. XD
                I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                  Is there at least a list of problem customers?
                  Ya got about 3 hours so you can listen to the list????? We, as a store generally know who the "problem children" are as a LOT of times they are consistent. Enough carry-out and delivery records in the POS system have a note that reads :" Manager MUST check order before it leaves the store".

But then again even IF the MOD checks the order, the SC/scammer will call complaining and still get free shit. The threat of going to the corp. complaint site is enough.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  People like that should be forced to work in pizza delivery until it gets through their thick skulls that tipping the driver is a good thing.
                  THIS ^^^^^^^ but include ALL lower level retail jobs. It is not really the stiff that bugged me (stiff are part of the job) it was that the guy copped an immediate attitude for something that was CLEARLY HIS mistake.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I think Mr. Hero is right about either not tipping and trying to scam some free food.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

you know what who does NOT know how to type on a smartphone
                      Me. I don't own one. I have gotten advanced enough that I can text on my dumbfone. My excuse is that I don't have good enough vision to use the internet on such a tiny (to me) screen.

But our phones are getting old, and I might get a smartish phone for some other reasons... like timers. This too often concussed senior citizen needs more reminders than she used to. And it'd be nice to show off pix!

It's usually taken me 10 or 15 years to catch up with new technology, like microwaves and other things that I now couldn't live without. But it only took me a few seconds to choose internet ordering! Too bad we have to pick it up ourselves. We live outside everybody's range by at least a mile. AKA "in Ag land."

Racket Man, and our other intrepid Pizza people, help me out with an idea. Do you think, if we left a notice on our fave store's BB, would a driver who goes past our house on his/her way home be willing to drop off a pie or two on their way? Our house is 20 feet from the state highway; no extra miles.

And of course we never stiff!! (I've been on here for 5 years; I wouldn't dare!!
                      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
                      X