This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I need my cable now

Today is Labor Day. We only have emergency techs out. I get an old lady throw a fit on me because I can not move her appointment to today. She could not grasp that today was a holiday.

Yeah, you know, on CST (Customer Standard Time) there are no holidays, no emergencies (except for the CS) and no acceptable reasons to not get what they want, when they want it (or preferably at least 10 minutes before they knew they wanted it).

I will be handling the dept. voicemail tomorrow at work (oh, joy) and I'm sure there will be snippy voices berating us for not being open on a national holiday because reasons!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I work in a drugstore. Our pharmacy was open 9 - 5 today, just as they have been on holidays for the past FOUR YEARS!!!!! The rest of our store was open until 10pm. At 10:05 pm, we had a guy banging on the door wanting to get his prescription.

Ummm no. The store is closed. CLOSED. The pharmacy closed FIVE hours ago. It's a national holiday and us worker bees who didn't get the day off would like to go home. So, no, I'm not letting you in and I'm sure h*** not gonna open the pharmacy for your prescription!!!!!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I will be handling the dept. voicemail tomorrow at work (oh, joy) and I'm sure there will be snippy voices berating us for not being open on a national holiday because reasons!!
        And yet if you had been open, you'd have been fielding complaints that you didn't respect the holiday...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

People kept calling to ask if we were open, it was cute. I believe the store is only closed two days a year. Thanksgiving and Christmas. Other than that it's money, money, money. But time and a half, so yay for that.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And the poor retail peons also have to put up with the "sympathetic" people who go "Oh, I'm so sorry you have to work today."

They're not sorry. If they were sorry, they wouldn't be out shopping, so corporate would close the store on the day and give their workers the day off too!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              And the poor retail peons also have to put up with the "sympathetic" people who go "Oh, I'm so sorry you have to work today."

They're not sorry. If they were sorry, they wouldn't be out shopping, so corporate would close the store on the day and give their workers the day off too!
              Exactly. Don't give me your fake sympathy. Stay the f*** HOME!

Comment

Working...
              X