Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'll text right here in the entrance, thank you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'll text right here in the entrance, thank you!

We were heading home last weekend, and decided to stop off at a local Mickey Dee's with a Playland (yes, some still have them!). It was a nice way to unwind with the kids, being we had been on the road a while, and needed some down time.

When we were leaving, this asswipe came, and the entrance, and decided to do some texting with his phone, right there in the doorway. I had to say "excuse me" to get him to move, which he did enough for us to leave.

However, Texting Guy decided to hang there, while this old man in a walker was trying to get in. It was not possible as this was a double door entrance, and this guy was standing right there in the middle, texting away. As I was politely holding the door for the old man, I said loudly, "Here, I'll help you, although you may have problems since this guy here won't move out of the way for you".

Texting Guy finally looked up, and moved over, looking a little perturbed. Oh, well, I don't care as he was being rude, and not shelling out once ounce of courtesy here.

You just want to smack these people!

This sort of thing infuriates me as well. It's become a 'thing' now. People will stop their cars in the middle of an entrance driveway to a supermarket or whatever and have a half-hour conversation with someone they recognize in the exit side of the driveway. Or block an aisle at the store to carry on their uncomfortably-loud (and very graphic) cell phone conversation about the strange growth in their nether regions. Or - my favorite - turn and stare at you like you've just grown a second head when you ask them to move so you can get a can of beans or something off the shelf they're blocking.

Comment

The fair lady said it well at the Ascot Races, "Move yer bloomin' arse!" - E. Doolittle
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had to bring my car in to the dealership and there is that customer parking right by the showroom entrance, right? A girl was standing in the LAST open space texting with her back to me. I just parked way back from her. When I came out, someone had moved a car behind mine, essentially blocking me in. I doubt the dealership people did it, I'm sure the girl was waiting for her friends/family to get back from a test drive, since about twenty people got out of the SUV. Oh, they never moved, I managed to extremely carefully back around them.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

For some reason every time I try to leave the grocery store, a little old lady decides she needs to examine her receipt in the middle of the doorway. EVERY TIME. There's a Starbucks right by the door, sit your butt down OUT OF THE WAY and look over the receipt!

Comment

Yeah, WallyWorld, yesterday. Holding old-home-week right in the intersection of two aisles; no room to go straight, no room to turn either direction. The second time I have to ask you to move before you even acknowledge my prescence. And you have the nerve to glare at ME?

Comment

I'll admit I've had the occasional experience where I am the offendee and blocking a pathway. Of course as soon as I realize, I have the decency to get the heck out of the way and apologize.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves. People who decide to hold a family reunion right in the entrance to something, or in the middle of a supermarket aisle. And the ones I hate the most? That would be the twits who stand in front of the condiment bar in the company cafeteria, yapping away, blocking access to the cream, sugar and so on. There's a dining room RIGHT THERE behind the condiment bar! SIT YOUR ARSE DOWN where you can run your mouths over there and keep out of my way!!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I saw this yesterday, a woman stood right in the middle of the supermarket entrance chatting on her phone... To add insult to injury, she was complaining to someone on the other end about clueless people blocking entrances!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I mostly see this at stairs to a subway station. Usually some idiots playing their phone.

A couple of days ago there were two guys happily standing in the middle part of the stairs - there is a little platform, about a meter in lenght - chatting, eating and drinking while their beers were secured between the wall and the handrail. They weren't bothered at all by all the people having to walk around them.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                      For some reason every time I try to leave the grocery store, a little old lady decides she needs to examine her receipt in the middle of the doorway. EVERY TIME. There's a Starbucks right by the door, sit your butt down OUT OF THE WAY and look over the receipt!
                      Yes, well, that's because they feel they're getting ripped off, and have to study the darn thing like a test monkey trying to solve a math problem.

Comment

Saw someone do something like this as I exited the grocery today -- A woman had her empty cart (was just coming in), which she parked at the entrance to the SCO tills (as in, directly blocking the first two, and blocking access to the others), whereupon she promptly whipped out the circular so she could discuss what groceries she wanted to buy with her kid...Lucky thing the place was really slow when she did this >_>
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          A woman had her empty cart (was just coming in), which she parked at the entrance to the SCO tills (as in, directly blocking the first two, and blocking access to the others), whereupon she promptly whipped out the circular so she could discuss what groceries she wanted to buy with her kid.
                          Someone should help her with reading the circular. After all, since she's clearly got her head up her ass, it's obvious where the circular needs to go in order for her to be able to see it.

Definitely a task for the cart guy - an empty cart "abandoned" where it's blocking the SCOs needs to be put away.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Someone should help her with reading the circular. After all, since she's clearly got her head up her ass, it's obvious where the circular needs to go in order for her to be able to see it.
                            The ersatz Klein Bottle conundrum. "How do I pound it far enough down their throat so they can read it when their head's up their wazoo?"
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X