X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 great second jobs for extra cash

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/pers..._frug_20111018

This website has taught me a Lot about anything and everything regarding money.....
    Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

$15 an hour to do customer service...
    where the hell did they pull that number from, because if they know of companies actually paying that give me the place to apply.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Usually, the places that offer $15 for a customer service position are where the cost of living is higher. And it wasn't entry level.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        Usually, the places that offer $15 for a customer service position are where the cost of living is higher. And it wasn't entry level.
        if it's not just that those kinds of places want certifications and/or licenses for the job (insurance,etc.).
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I find it interesting that they claim companies hiring medical transcribers are "happy" to train employees on the job. Not judging by the ads I take! They usually say knowledge of the various programs are required, and experience as well.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Medical Transcription companies definitely do not "train" on the job. 98% of them won't hire you without many years of experience - it's also not a good field to bother training to be in at this point in time because most every hospital & doctors office are switching over to Electronic Medical Records.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
            RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              $15 an hour to do customer service...
              where the hell did they pull that number from, because if they know of companies actually paying that give me the place to apply.
              I think some higher level call centers pay those kinds of wages.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

drat. i misread it as "5-second jobs".

o well.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  drat. i misread it as "5-second jobs".

o well.
                  Freudian slip?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...