Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished reading it. That is fantastic stuff. I really hope you get a good mark - you deserve one! (this adulation brought to you by someone who's never studied sociology and thus will probably be missing many of the finer points. ^^;

I think I found me in it too. XD
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• Thanks a lot Panacea and SongsOfDragons! Aye, I really felt it important to avoid identifying information as much as possible, even though that meant I couldn't discuss stuff like signatures, avatars, etc. but I felt that was worth it.

My supervisor said that I should be proud of my work, so I guess that's a good sign, won't know for aaaaages though what my mark will be sadly, though I'll let y'all know when they come out.

You may have done, I actually can't remember everyone I used now and I've deleted the master-file that had all the usernames/real names/psuedonyms, so now we'll never know for sure!

I really would have liked to use everyone, but 10,000 words was really not enough to talk about everyone and everything that I had found out. I'm probably going to be hated by next year's sociology students because I put on the feedback form that the papers should be 12,000 words next time.

Comment

• There's a font in there that's non-standard. I got a warning, but clicked through before really taking note of what it said.

Adobe says that acrobat files are consistent across platforms, but they're dirty rotten liars. >_<

However, in my case, it appears to be displaying fully despite the warning.

Excellent report. Nicely done all around.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Yeah, I forgot to make the PDF for distribution to respondents embed the fonts like I had to for the printers, hopefully it does end up working for everyone though!

Cheers for the good words Andara.

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            There's a font in there that's non-standard. I got a warning, but clicked through before really taking note of what it said.

Adobe says that acrobat files are consistent across platforms, but they're dirty rotten liars. >_<
            From what I've gathered, it's mostly a case of whether or not the fonts are embedded in the PDF file. Sometimes people forget, and sometimes, as is the case with a document my husband worked on once, a given font can't be embedded. Luckily, if the font's not present on the destination computer, the reader will at least substitute another font so it can be read.

Whether or not the formatting survives....
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

• Very nice.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Hey Xarlaxas,

I am new to the forum, and stumbled upon this post. I think your topic of research is incredibly interesting and I am just curious how the study is going. I would be very interested in reading your results.
                Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Comment

• Well, I finished and handed in the paper in January, there's a post with the link somewhere in this thread.

I think I'm going to take it down in a few days though, and if people want to get a copy afterwards they can just me about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X