• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
    Indeed, apparently he has "detachable female and male genitalia",
    Detachable Penis... (maybe NSFW)
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post

Bob is currently dressed up in a very gross pair of pajamas. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm allowed to go shopping to replace them - I can't exactly drag him along to the men's department at my local Kmart
      And why can't you? Just borrow a wheelchair (but not a handicap space) and put a hat on his head and wheel him on in. Just say he's sleeping if anyone asks, then go to town.

Comment

NP is correct ^_^

As for the batteries being hard or impossible to replace: I can see manufacturers doing that as a way to increase sales a bit. Battery's dead? Well, the unit must be pretty old, then! Give us a call and let's talk about replacing it with the latest model!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          ... I can see manufacturers doing that as a way to increase sales a bit. ...
          Also liability. Medical equipment has *very* strict limits on electrical leakage and a Homer-brew power-up could fry patients.

(Circa '78-80 I did final test on an echo-cardiogram machine and we had to prove that the leakage from anything that could touch the patient was less than X microamps. and X was << 50)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
            And why can't you? Just borrow a wheelchair (but not a handicap space) and put a hat on his head and wheel him on in. Just say he's sleeping if anyone asks, then go to town.
            I would if he a) actually looked more lifelike and b) we had a wheelchair. (We surprisingly don't, along with a few other OHS things that one of our trainers recommended we get)

As it happens, he kind of looks permanently freaked out.

We had some of the mentors in to help teach the students in how to administer an IV push correctly and one of the mentors got saddled with Bob (the other three had fake arms with IV tubing hooked up to them). Her first question was "Does [he] talk back?"
            Last edited by LadyofArc; 01-27-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Good god, we get up to some of the most random stuff.

Rough conversation between Super Manager, some the nurse educators and Me while we're at our desks (in the case of super manager, walking back to hers)

Super Manager: Does anyone know what an elk is?
              NE1: Isn't it like a reindeer?
              NE2: no, it's like a moose.
              Super Manager: Does anyone know what it sounds like? Can someone google it? I'm curious now
              Me: *Googles elk noises* Found it!
              NE3: Trust you to find it!
              NE4: We couldn't even get onto the keyboard to start typing!
              Super Manager: Well, play it for us!
              Me: *tries, fails* [I'd left my headphones plugged in] I'll send you the link.
              Super Manager:
              Everyone Else:

Sidenote - I am the youngest in the team. Next oldest is older than me by a few months, then after that there's a 10-15 year gap!

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                Indeed, apparently he has "detachable female and male genitalia", along with "injection pads" (sponges? ), and other variously alarming options.
                That actually makes sense from a cost perspective though. You don't have to buy two if you can swap out the bits.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  That actually makes sense from a cost perspective though. You don't have to buy two if you can swap out the bits.
                  It's also easier for storage. If it wasn't for the fact that we do use the beds for other purposes (not what you think, out of the gutter!), I'd seriously consider pushing for us to have more of the dummies and just keeping one on each bed. It'd cut the time spent setting up by so much. (Although I've gotten it down to around 15 minutes single-handedly)

ETA: And I managed to find Bob!

We're now also in the process of trying to convince our managers to purchase some more dummies so we can use them instead of the arms for assessments (and set up the arms and butts for practice runs).
                  Last edited by LadyofArc; 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

And the adventures of Bob the dummy continue!

Today, we set him up ready for a session we're doing tomorrow on administering various medications in different ways (oral, intramuscular, IV etc.). Since Bob has thigh pads, we decided to strip him from the waist down ready for him to practice on. I had to mention to the nurse educator and my other CW (who were helping set up) that we just had to make sure that "if we opt to remove his pants, make sure that his penis doesn't fall off." (It has this tendency to come loose)

Comment

I am prepared to believe that Bob would not be in the top 10% of the worst presented customers at K mart that day (even with his genitals falling off)...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The Housemaster/homeowner where I live and his sidekick almost made M. Ozmund (Yes, *that* Marie) piss herself in public with a Rescu-Annie. They had to show the O's how to party...

He'd found some hands and feet, made arms & legs with 2x2 lumber with eye-bolts in the end. He'd dress her up with sunglasses, his gf would perm Annie's wig and touch up her makeup and off to town they'd go.

They were with some O's at a Spaghetti Factory when the next table left an almost full plate. G &W set up Annie at the plate and M died as Annie slowly planted her face in the fettuccine.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bob is getting a companion!

One of the educators is going to have a meeting with management to see about upgrading some of the supplies in the clinical room. I asked her if this meant we could also get Bob a nice pair of pyjamas. She agreed.

I'm going to do the proper thing and actually take a tape measure into work and measure him before I go off to the local Kmart

Comment

Lounge pants and a smoking jacket.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                              Lounge pants and a smoking jacket.
                              If that happens we SOOOO need pics of it!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I dunno where one even GETS a smoking jacket around here...

But still, I would SO do that to freak out the students . Not to mention that if Bob's not lying in one of the beds, he's typically stuck in our commode chair (which is basically as it sounds...)

Comment

Working...
                                X