This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer wanted me to tell the customer in front of her to pay

This incident happened earlier this week when it was slow at work.

There were roughly 4 customers waiting in my line at the grocery store I work at as a cashier. The current customer I was helping was very particular on how she wanted her groceries bagged.

The courtesy clerk/bagger who was helping to bag her groceries pulled her cart up, as every courtesy clerk/bagger was trained to, so she could put her groceries in the customers cart.

At one point the customer immediately behind her asked me if I could get her, the current customer, to pay for her groceries because 1) she is in a hurry, and 2) that customer is holding up the line.

There really was not much I could do but tell the customer what her total was. She paid for her groceries after all of her groceries were bagged and in her cart.

That is a great way to put you on the spot. She might as well said, "Please pick which customer you would like to have complain to management about you." No win situation.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

No, you tell the customer to hurry up, stop trying to make me the bad guy! Arg. Hate this passive aggressive nonsense. I once had a parent tell their kid "the lady is going to ask you to get down." (down from the EMPLOYEE ONLY LADDER.)
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I have to try that next time I'm lined up to pay for some goods ... "Hey, could you ask this person ahead of me to pay for my groceries?" I'll let you know how that works out.

Yes, it IS aggravating when somebody wants to decree precisely how every item goes into their bag. But surely there is the option to move to another line? Or, if you don't really NEEEEED whatever you're buying right this second, just put it back and return another day?

And yes, obviously I'm forgetting where I am ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I would've done the same thing: give the first lady her total. If the second one was in such a hurry she should've used the express or SCO.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X