This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't you Psychic?

Pinch-faced harridan with size 10 stick wedged up her size 4 ass marches into pharmacy demanding her husbands meds.

Husbands meds are not ready.

Stick-butt slams hand on counter: "WHY not? I called them in LAST WEEK! You ALWAYS screw things up! You can never get ANYTHING right!" Snatches cell phone from purse, stabs in numbers, gets husband. "Listen Harry, I'm sick of this. Switch all of our meds over to Rite Aid, RIGHT NOW! We'll fill them there!" Snaps phone shut triumphantly.

Intern approaches counter.
    "Ma'am, the reason your husbands lorazepam and clonazepam are not ready is because they're too early to refill. They're controlled substances and the insurance will not pay for them for another week."

Nail File Face: "That's ridiculous! I called them in LAST WEEK! We're leaving on vacation TOMORROW!"

Intern: "Okay, well, you didn't tell us you were going on vacation. Did you tell your insurance company?"

Splinter-Sphincter: "No, why would I? That's YOUR job!"

Intern: "Well yes, we CAN call your insurance company and get a vacation override for you, but we need to know that you're going on vacation. We had no way of knowing, and we can't simply ask the insurance company to refill controlled substances early for no reason."

BonyAss Harpy: "Oh."

And now we know why her husband needs his muscle relaxants/anti-anxiety meds so desperately.

Quoth Boomslang View Post
    Now we why her husband needs his muscle relaxants/anti-anxiety meds so desperately.
    Exactly. Poor man.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Read this out loud to Hubby. He folds up laughing. He wants to steal several phrases. I promise him that I will never become a Splinter Sphincter. "Thank you, sweetie!"

Thanks for the laughter!
      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Can you even pick up clonazepam for another person?
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
          Can you even pick up clonazepam for another person?
          Yes. You can pick up Narcotics for another person.

Comment

Yes. You can pick up Narcotics for another person.
            Well yes, you can .... IF you're willing to provide their information relative to the scrip AND your ID. And that, boys and girls, is where my pharmacy gets sooooo much suck.

"What??? You want MY ID???? It's not for Meeeeee, it's for "patient"!!!!!!
            Well, yes I understand that, but YOU are the one I am handing this controlled substance to - ergo, your ID is required. Can't tell you how many times a day this conversation occurs

Comment

Yeah, I had to show ID when picking up a Vicodin prescription for my husband some time ago. NBD.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

To be fair I can turn into a cast iron bitch if a health provider screws up something related to my husband and his care. Like Dr Do-Little who took 4 months to order an MRI.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I have to show my ID to pick up my phentermine. I never have found showing ID to be a big deal at all. It's just so much easier to cooperate and be pleasant. I'd much rather brighten a worker's day than be a nasty shrew.

Comment

when people create a fuss over simple things like id etc at my work, I am usually thinking, this transacation could have been done 5 minutes ago, and you could have been on your merry way!

Comment

I wish people would understand that showing ID is for the protection of the patient. I really don't care if the other pharmacies don't do it, WE do. So show me your ID!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                        Well yes, you can .... IF you're willing to provide their information relative to the scrip AND your ID. And that, boys and girls, is where my pharmacy gets sooooo much suck.

"What??? You want MY ID???? It's not for Meeeeee, it's for "patient"!!!!!!
                        Well, yes I understand that, but YOU are the one I am handing this controlled substance to - ergo, your ID is required. Can't tell you how many times a day this conversation occurs
                        State laws must differ. We don't ask for ID.

Comment

State laws must differ. We don't ask for ID.
                          Possibly. I know in my state, ID is required to pick up certain pain meds now. As well as requiring a written script on special paper from the doctor's office dropped off (cannot be faxed) at the pharmacy.

Every month for several months I went through this ritual just to be able to get my pain pills (Dr. had me on percocet at the time) and I requested it be changed to something I didn't have to run to his office to pick up a script each month.

So I was put on Tramadol and that one can be called in to home delivery from the doctor's office.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X