Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know people could get them without prescription. ... when i was younger and my grandmother injected insulin, she had a prescription for her needles.

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
      I didn't know people could get them without prescription. ... when i was younger and my grandmother injected insulin, she had a prescription for her needles.
      New one on me as well. My mom has been on injectible meds for Type II Diabetes for almost a decade and has always had a script for her needles and test strips.

She used to could get those for free . . . she just needed a paper filled out from her doctor on file at the drugstore every year or so. But that was before the "revisions" to Medicaid (and she's also on Medicare now) so we have to pay for those out of pocket now.

And yes, we have to show photo ID when picking those up as well. My how times have changed.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Here in the land of too much sun for DST, if I get needles at a human pharmacy for my diabetic cat, I have to have a script and show ID. If I get them at the feed and grain store, all I have to do is give them money. (I get them at the pharmacy because the needles are sharper and smaller and kitteh doesn't fuss like he does with the feed and grain store ones.)

Comment

Working...
        X