This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Universe righted itself

Incredibly ancient lady who looks a lot like that bearded grandma in Moby Dick comes in today and wants to write a check. Her drivers license is expired. She doesn't have her new one on her. She is told we cannot accept the check. Her response?

"WELL THEN DROP DEAD!"

Later that same evening (which was this evening, but that doesn't sound quite as dramatic) a little old man comes in with a bouquet of wildflowers for us. I put them in an amber vial with an aspirin and thanked him profusely.

It all balanced out.

Was customer 2 married to Customer 1?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
      "WELL THEN DROP DEAD!"
      I wonder what her reaction would have been if after hearing that you just collapsed on the spot?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"Later that same evening..."

From the title and what the "ancient" lady said I thought for sure you were going to say she died LOL! Sorry I got a morbid sense of humor

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post

"WELL THEN DROP DEAD!"

First thing that popped into my head was Tim curry in Three Musketeeres saying, "You first."
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Odd, but glad all worked out for the OP.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              Was customer 2 married to Customer 1?
              That's what I was thinking. It would explain the flowers.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Agent Paperclip View Post
                "Later that same evening..."

From the title and what the "ancient" lady said I thought for sure you were going to say she died LOL! Sorry I got a morbid sense of humor
                I had the same thought.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  I had the same thought.
                  Shit, I had the same wish.
                  sorrynotsorry

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I wonder what her reaction would have been if after hearing that you just collapsed on the spot?
                    Probably get upset b/c she wasn't being served.

Sorry lady, you can't have it both ways. Besides, telling someone to drop dead went out of style by first grade.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X