X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    iSuck
    Customer had just switched from iphone to Android.
    Well, there's his first mistake.
    Me: Think of it in terms of real estate deals. Deal #1: I sell you an empty piece of land and allow you to put whatever you want on it, no restrictions. Deal #2: I sell you a piece of land with a house on it. I tell you you can change the landscaping, enlarge the driveway and even repaint the house but the house itself MUST stay no matter what. In this analogy Android is the empty lot and Apple is the one with the house on it.
    OMG, I need to explain the difference to my MiL in the morning, and I'm using this. I think she'll understand this.

SC: Yes there is. Give me my iphone back and don't charge me a penny! In fact, I think I should get an iphone 6 because of all this.
    Ha! Buyer's remorse! Should have looked into those options better before buying. That's why they have phones in the store for you to mess around with.

Hack this!!
    After I told him no, he demanded to speak to the President of the company. I firmly told him the executives don't take calls. He then demanded my manager. Sorry, he's gone for the night, strike two! Then he wanted our legal department. Well, actually they're closed too but here's the number. Have fun with that, buh bye now.
    So, once they summon the legal Powers That Be, do you get to stop talking completely?

Store Wars episode II: Attack of the tones
    I took over a call from a very condescending store rep who was trying to make me send a customer a brand spanking new phone for a warranty claim. Not only that, he wanted me to give the guy a free upgrade too....
    You guys are missing it on this one. Anyone want to put money down on the bet that the SR was upgrading a relative or a buddy? He couldn't take it out of his own inventory without having to account for it to his own manager. Getting you guys to approve it means no one local questions it. Fraud, plain and simple.

Did I mention I love hanging up on people?
    Love the power and tell us more stories!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Me: Can I have your employee ID please?
      SR: *CLICK*
      Boring conversation anyway.

Comment

I love Android, only downside is that I have to wait for certain apps to be released that are already on the Iphone. (looking at you Fallout Shelter)

Now I know how a Mac user feels.

*ducks out before melee of apples, that are rotten, are thrown * I see what I did there, hehehe
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I'm guessing SR "approved" the free upgrade for somebody who is totally not his friend or family member.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            Two words: "Party Line".
            Not anymore, unless you're in a seriously rural area. Almost all party lines have been shut down.

Then again, I don't know of anywhere a rotary phone would actually call out anymore either...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post

Then again, I don't know of anywhere a rotary phone would actually call out anymore either...
              Out of idle curiosity, I just tested it with the aforementioned red phone in my bedroom. Yes, it does dial out.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                Out of idle curiosity, I just tested it with the aforementioned red phone in my bedroom. Yes, it does dial out.
                I stand corrected. Er... sit, rather.

I know around here, the rotary to tone conversion system has been shut off.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I had pretty much assumed it wouldn't work, but in the entire time I've lived here, nobody's ever actually used it. It pretty much serves as an alert system. The ringer is loud enough to be heard anywhere in the house. If bf answers the landline, he answers from a cordless phone downstairs. Nobody uses the landline to call out. I live in a pretty big city, and had assumed the pulse technology had been phased out, but curiosity got the best of me with this post.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    Well, there's his first mistake.
                    Right. He shoulda got a Crackberry.

Ha! Buyer's remorse! Should have looked into those options better before buying. That's why they have phones in the store for you to mess around with.
                    This is why I was so hesitant to upgrade. Upgrading to me meant giving up my beloved keyboard. I simply cannot stand those virtual keyboards. But I thought I might try, if it meant getting a phone fast enough to be useful. Worse still, my phone used a Mini-SIM, and nearly all newer models use a Micro or Nano. I would either need a new SIM, or to cut my existing one. I'd either need an adapter (which posed a risk of damage) or to buy a new SIM if I wanted to revert to my old phone.

And then I discovered the Blackberry Classic... the heavens parted, and angels sang.

There's a reason these buggers are called Crackberries.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

This f**king phone? Is it equipped with a plug or with a jack?

Some of us are are very particular about what we connect our personal objects with.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Kinda related sighting at a Red Checkmark in the mall. Overheard a guy with a broken phone, he wanted to upgrade to I think a Galaxy S6. Problem, he didn't have an upgrade available. Oh, he said he would in six days. The guy who was helping me abruptly went over and explained that they can no longer do early upgrades, and so the phone would be full priced or he could wait. Guys says he can't wait, he'll move all his lines to Death Star and walks off. I got the idea the guy was a full SC because neither of the Red Checkmark people tried to offer him anything and let him walk off. They were perfectly nice to me. If my phone was broken and I had an upgrade in six days I would buy a prepaid phone and suck it up.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Don't ruin my fantasies, mathnerd.

I want a red phone on my desk.

So it can match my stapler.

...it's a Swingline...
                          In that case, I want a purple one to match my stapler.

And yes, it's a purple Swingline.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X