This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    How does one manage to forget their own address, phone number, AND their pwn birthday?
    You would be surprised.

My mom, for example, can sometimes get confused on her answers (such as giving out her zip when they want her address) but this is due to some of her medications will make her fuzzy brained at times.

Usually if she has to make a call like that, I'm usually in the room with her to help her w/the answers.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

In the first year or so after my marriage, I would say 'Me Maiden-Name', then after a moment go 'Oops, it's actually Me Married-Name. I got married in May.'

Fortunately, most people were kind about that, and often congratulated me.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

While Im normally fine with verification like this, the idiots that handled my mortgage at the time decided they had to run verification off of your credit report and some background research, so I got asked things like 'the make and model of the car you owned in 1996'...uh, whut?

Comment

That type of verification is run from a company called Lexus Nexus, and I hate it too. Whenever I'm opening a new account over the phone for somebody, sometimes it pulls up and I have to read the questions verbatim and then read off the answers. If they get even one wrong, it won't let me proceed, and I may have to do it all over again. We've started calling it Lexie at work.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            I've had the occasional brain hiccup at the pharmacy when picking up DH's prescription. Nice tech asks for DOB, I have to stop and think in order to remember that nice tech needs the patient's DOB, not mine. Techs are usually quite kind if I goof that up, then have to say "whoops, that's mine. His is MM/DD/YYYY".
            My mom has done this as well . . . she's either picking up for herself, my brother or myself. So that's 3 birthdates to remember.

They'll ask for the DOB and verify the address at our drugstore. Good thing Mom can at least remember her address.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
              'what is your name?'
              "Uhhhh. Could you use it in a sentence?"

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                It was the year we got the green Chrysler, Norman...
                As I try to remind my Mom, who always seems to tell people the year of my birth was 1968 - I'm the same model year as that Camaro you had (it was a '69.)

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                  My sisters have birthdays on the 25th and 26th of different months. I was in my teens before I could remember which one had which day, and that's only because I realized one is June 25, exactly six months from Christmas.
                  I have three kids.

Two are born in the same month.

Two are born on consecutive numerical days of consecutive months. Think August 14 and September 15.

Two are born in consecutive years.

So not the actual dates, but think something like August 2, 2000, August 14, 2003 and September 15, 2002. I can't keep them straight even if my life depended on it.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                    While Im normally fine with verification like this, the idiots that handled my mortgage at the time decided they had to run verification off of your credit report and some background research, so I got asked things like 'the make and model of the car you owned in 1996'...uh, whut?
                    Quoth Erinesque View Post
                    That type of verification is run from a company called Lexus Nexus, and I hate it too. Whenever I'm opening a new account over the phone for somebody, sometimes it pulls up and I have to read the questions verbatim and then read off the answers. If they get even one wrong, it won't let me proceed, and I may have to do it all over again. We've started calling it Lexie at work.
                    When my mom got to the point where I had to take over her finances, I had to deal with Lexie all too often I'm supposed to know what street she lived on when she was in elementary school? Or who she worked for in 1950? It wasn't as if I could ask her for the answers. A couple of times I just had to contact the company directly, explain the situation, and snail-mail in a notarized copy of my Power of Attorney for her before I could do anything.

When she passed away, I got to hand carry copies of her death certificate, the Letter of Testamentary, and in one case, her will naming me as executor, before the companies would talk to me.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Some years back, I was routinely failing verification at one company because I couldn't get my date of birth right. When I was finally able to get through, I found they had the month off by one in their records.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X