This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You misspelled SORRY

I woke up this morning to a text message from a bride in which she states that I took her veil and she wants it back. No identifying information whatsoever. Also, when I refer to a bag, it's a huge garment bag made for bridal gowns that has a zipper. It's not possible for things to fall out of this bag unless the zipper is opened.

Text exchange as follows:
    Me: If I have it, I am happy to return it. Who am I speaking with?
    Bride: <Bridey> I picked up my gown on Friday evening at <store>.
    Me: Of course! I put your veil in the bag with your gown. Have you checked the bottom of the bag?
    Bride: Yes. It wasn't there. I want my veil back.
    Me: That's odd. I remember putting it in there when I bagged your gown. I'll call <store> to see if it's been left there.
    Bride: I did that. They said you took it.

So at this point I call the store as I've been contracting with them for over a year and know the girls who work there would never throw me under the bus like that. I also know they had a bridal show last weekend and so the store was closed both Saturday and is normally closed on Sundays.

Me: Hey, it's Fenig. Do you have <bride's> veil by chance? I could have sworn I bagged it on Friday evening, but she's claiming it's missing.
    Shop lady: I remember watching you bag it.
    Me: Yeah. Hey, did she call by chance? She says that y'all told her I took it home.
    Shop lady: What? No, no one's called about bridal stuff yet today.
    Me: I thought so. Thanks. See you Thursday.

Now that I know <bride> is flat lying about speaking with the store, I'm irritated. I was genuinely worried that I had forgotten to bag the veil and it was left at the store all weekend. I text the bride again.

Me: I spoke with <store> and they don't have your veil. I don't have any veils in my studio. Please check the bottom of your bag when you get home.

I didn't hear from her for a few hours.

Bride: Found the veil.

That was it. Yup. I'm glad I already have her money, although I'm sad I can't tack on a $50 PITA fee.

Yeesh. >_<

Wait a second...did someone at your store give out your personal cellphone number without your consent? o_O;
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

No, she had my Google Voice number as that's what I use for my small business. I only contract with the store to use their space for fittings. This way I don't have to pay for a store front of my own, which keeps my overhead nice and low.

Comment

Since you already have her money, why can't you text her back, "I just want to restate how glad I am you found your veil EXACTLY where I said it was, you lying sack of UN-bridled shit!"? :-)
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

If she ever calls back, feel free to call her out on her lie (calling the store)...unless you think it'll hurt the actual place you do the work through.
          Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          you lying sack of UN-bridled shit!"? :-)
          I see what you did there
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X