Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE* Please tell me all woman aren't like that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like you Plaidman. You're warm and caring, and you give good advice to people.

Walk away here. Just tell her you don't date married people period. She's unlikely to come back after the divorce is final and try again.

Wow. What a cow. It must hurt to think you were liked for you and then find out there was an ulterior motive. But like the others said, don't panic too much. Hang in there. She may not have actually liked you, but someone will one day. I do think, though, that it won't be in 16 hours. Takes time to really know you like someone.

Comment

I agree, you need to back away from this woman while you still can.

As far as how to back off, maybe you could just explain that, like many people, you don't date anyone you work with?

I'm a girl, and I also tend to think you should say something along the lines of "Don't you have enough men in your life right now? I don't date people I work with, anyway, but thanks for the offer!" But like I said, I'm a girl, and girls that do that crap make me angry.

She definitley isn't worth your time. You seem like a really great guy!! Not all of us girls are like that, good for you for being intelligent enough to figure this one out before you got sucked in.
      "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
      "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

*ahem* Coming into this thread a bit late, but now just reread all the updates.

I have two main things to say regarding this:
        1. YOU ARE NOT THE PROBLEM HERE. You are an extremely decent guy who happened upon a can of worms halfway open.

2. Dude, run. Run fast, because you are dodging a bullet and the last thing you need is for it to catch up to you.

Consider the situation: you're an AM, she's an employee. She's already sleeping with a customer. Also think on this: is said customer and the (ex)husband the only ones? And you pegged it exactly right - she can sic sexual harassment on you if you so much as said hello to her, regardless of whether any conversation, etc were mutual. *keeps legal hat in case for now*

Not to call her a whore, I don't know her side of this, but what she's doing is inappropriate at best and actively cruel at worst.

Agreeing with Puck, again: YOU ARE NOT STUPID. YOU ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is, this girl's got baggage and came after you for who-knows-what.

And yes, women pull all kinds of shit - as a woman, I can say this, if only such wits were to be put to engineering, egad, we'd have some majorly cool inventions by now.
        Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

thank you all for the advice. It cheered me up when I needed it. Your all right too. I'm not stupid, and she doesn't deserve me anyway! =). It really meant alot to me that you guys talked to me, thank you.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I echo everyone that said RUN. This obviously is a situation that you do not want yourself involved in. You sound like a very nice, smart, fun guy and you don't deserve to be put through the ringer by this chick. Women like her make all of us look bad.

I'd like to give you a saying that helped me when I was frustrated about finding the right guy. Ever heard the saying, "No one ever made an omelette without breaking a few eggs?" I knew that if I started dating, I was probably going to get hurt again. However if I never dated because I was afraid of getting hurt, then I'd definately never find that special someone. I chose to take my chances with dating and eventually I did find that special guy. Dust yourself off and try again. We are rooting for ya!

Comment

Quoth LadyMage View Post
              And yes, women pull all kinds of shit - as a woman, I can say this, if only such wits were to be put to engineering, egad, we'd have some majorly cool inventions by now.
              Is that why we don't have anti-gravity boots? Cause, if I had one of those, I would be able to rock-climb like it's going out of style...

But seriously, you did the right thing by dropping that girl like she was a hot potato-you look better off for it, and you avoid all of the fallout. (And there would be a fallout, to be sure)
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Heh, women, can't live with them, can't live without...wait yes you can.

A lil over a year ago, I had been hanging out with this one girl for about two months. I had really liked her. I was even going to ask her out. Then I went to her sweet 16 party. Her bestfriend was going around, introducing some guy to everyone, I just figured it was the bestfriend's boyfriend. He was introduced as the boyfriend of the girl I liked. Funny how over those two months, she completely neglected to mention him to me. It's just the kind of thing a lot of women do. Quite unfortunate. Luckily, we all know that the girls on here aren't like that. They are cool. We need more women to be like the ones on CS.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

She is a cad, plain and simple. You on the other hand are a nice guy and she thinks that you are just a toy to be played with and discarded. Talk to her only when you have to for business purposes otherwise have nothing to do with her. She is not worthy of you.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

nuff said.
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

As much as I love to shake my man hating finger and always blame it on the men and claim they are always at fault......I am just biased and wrong.

I am a woman, and I will say it (even though it goes against my own gender). Women are DAMN GOOD at playing games. We women know we're beautiful and we can get what we want. There are girls like me who are pretty, yet mellow and, well, modest. Others use their...assets (no pun intended) to nab guys and get what they want, be it money, sex, or whatever. TV doesn't always lie, there are lots of married women out there who have affairs. Desperate Housewives isn't THAT far from reality (just not all housewives are that gorgeous, lol).

Unfortunately, men aren't always good at picking up on things. No offense, not to be mean, but guys can't take slight hints. Also, that means that guys don't always pick up on ulterior motives and mind games.

Just get away as fast as you can. It's nothing you did and it's nothing you can help. This girl has TROUBLE written on her forehead, and you do NOT want to be her next victim, so run for the hills.

There are plenty of wonderful girls out there who are waiting to be treated with respect and dignity.

You come across as a very caring, very wonderful guy. There are not many of them left out there. It might seem like girls like assholes, but trust me, deep down, every girl wants to be treated like a real lady. You are one of those guys who has that capability. I honestly believe that you could make a woman very happy. Don't be shy, and don't give up!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There are plenty of wonderful girls out there who are waiting to be treated with respect and dignity.
                        What I have found is that all of them already have boyfriends or husbands.

In fact, my love life was so bad that I had to actually "oursource" my love life and move 450 miles away to find someone decent to be with. Finding someone good to be with is like landing a good job: they both are in very short supply and it's very difficult to land either.

Comment

I heard a funny comedian once say "Women always complain how they can never find a good man. You know how to tell the good guys? Well women, they're the ones you're b**ching to about all the dogs you're sleeping with!"

I've found the same thing. Any girl I have the slightest bit of interest in, they are already in long term relationships, or constantly dating jack@$$es that they complain about. And if I ever express said interest, pick your cliché.

At least the upside is I've never had to deal with any harpies or harridans trying to use me for their own nefarious purposes.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

that quote is OH SO TRUE broomjockey!
                            all my friends who are girls constantly moan to me about how they cant find a good guy and all men are scum
                            umm hello?

Comment

Sometimes you have to sift through a lot of weeds to get to the flowers.

Comment

There are two truths about what women want.

1. We want a sensitive guy, who will treat us with respect and dignity, who will listen, who we can laugh and play with, and who shares many of the same values.

2. We want a rough, tough guy who knows "how to treat his woman right". We want to know our man is strong. We want a popular guy so we can be seen to have the 'right' person in our lives.

They are mutually exclusive, and yet, both right.

I guess the bottom line is, we want to date guy number 2, but marry guy number 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X