Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE* Please tell me all woman aren't like that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    I heard a funny comedian once say "Women always complain how they can never find a good man. You know how to tell the good guys? Well women, they're the ones you're b**ching to about all the dogs you're sleeping with!"
    An anonymous person on an anonymous forum wrote this... and it often seems true:

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      There are two truths about what women want.

1. We want a sensitive guy, who will treat us with respect and dignity, who will listen, who we can laugh and play with, and who shares many of the same values.

2. We want a rough, tough guy who knows "how to treat his woman right". We want to know our man is strong. We want a popular guy so we can be seen to have the 'right' person in our lives.

They are mutually exclusive, and yet, both right.

I guess the bottom line is, we want to date guy number 2, but marry guy number 1.
      The problem for girls is, us guys #1s don't want to hear too many sob stories about how guys #2s treat them like crap. Girls seem to have no trouble telling us their woes with their jerky boyfriends. And then, later on, when the girl realizes that she really does want us #1s, we just think back to what the girl used to think about us and we really aren't interested anymore. It's a crappy cycle. Lucky for me, my girlfriend likes me for who I am, despite the fact that I'm not really popular and I'm not a rough, tough guy all the time.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Romance - best enjoyed as a spectator sport.

Rapscallion

Comment

We're not really all like that. I swear.

These women are just like SC's. They are actually few and far between but they're the assholes you remember at the end of the day.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Thank you all, really for the advice and comments. I feel better about it. Don't know how to really turn her down, since she /really/ wants us to hang out.

I got to stick to my beliefs on this. The woman is married, and cheating on her husband. Plus I'm her boss, and we have polcies on that. It was just nice to have a girl give me any kind of attention like that, so I gotta thank her for that. I think. Maybe?
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

positive attention's usually nice.
              :-)
              I suggest you just thank her, but say you can't date due to you working together, don't get into the whole cheating/married thing.
              You'll find someone outside work with no strings sooner or later.

Comment

I agree with scruff. Just tell her that you don't want to get fired and you would not want her to be in a position to get fired or on any type of corrective action or probation, etc.

Saying anything about her being married/cheating will only open a can of worms as they say.
                In the end you still are the nice guy and you've stuck to what you believe.
                Last edited by NightAngel; 08-14-2006, 03:05 PM.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

It works both ways.

Quoth TNT View Post
                  A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way.
                  That was a good comparison. I like that.

Me, I'm a woman who's had male friends like that, so it does work both ways. They might like the geeky, librarian-type woman as a friend, might even consider her kind of cute, but the guy really wants the beautiful movie star look-alike. Then when it turns out she's arrogant, shallow, dumb and/or cruel, he complains to his geeky woman friend about how he's being treated!

I guess the moral is, consider the inner person, not the outward appearance. That geeky, librarian-type might just be the right one for you!

Back OT, Plaidman, you're right for getting out of that situation. No good could have possibly come of it. If you want to meet a good woman, maybe you could try your house of worship (if you have one), or join a club or organization of something that interests you. There are good women out there who want a good and decent man.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM. Reason: getting back on topic
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Broomjockey, if you ONLY knew how right you are. I've been in a similar quandary and I've seen these quandaries exclusively in every gender situation possible.

And it's enough to drive a saint to cursing.

It's like this - and this is from my past experience. I will hear out my friend bitch to me about how he doesn't trust his girlfriend, blah blah blah, you're such a good friend, I wish I had someone like you....uh, open eyes, poindexter, there's aqn open INVITATION here! But yeah. having the entire "you're such a great friend" thin when you want to hear "let's have dinner", that's about as pleasant as getting a surgery with lemon juice and salt in lieu of anesthesia.
                    Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                      Heh, women, can't live with them, can't live without...wait yes you can.
                      (sic)
                      We need more women to be like the ones on CS.
                      And there, Greenday, you both risked and saved your life.

Congrats!

Jenni
                      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                      X