Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you're going to drive without insurance...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you're going to drive without insurance...

drive like you're someone's grandma nursing a barely-running jalopy... don't speed like a maniac and tailgate.

November 12...our awesome old vintage truck (1978 F-250 Super Cab Camper Special) broken down on a freeway bridge with no break-down lanes. speed demon was tailgating someone else who saw us and swerved. speedy didn't swerve.

both our vehicle and his totaled. mucho hospital time for hubby. (he's recovering, but he was busted up pretty bad) reeaaaalllyyyy big bills.... and i just found out 2 weeks ago the asshat didn't even have insurance.

Of course the fact that they are tailgating speeding idiots is probably why they don't have insurance in the first place.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Take the numbskull for all he's worth and then some. It may only be 2 pennies but it would be something I guess.

Hope your hubby recovers fast and your own insurance helps you get back to normal quickly.

Comment

he presented an insurance card. when it was investigated the company said the policy had lapsed. i wanna know why it took 2.5 months to find that out tho :-/

not having high hopes for this one. he 1. has a NV licence with a CA address on it. 2. CA address points to a mailbox company, so i suspect he was living in a nearby RV park or motel for some reason, and i wouldn't be terribly surprised if he hightailed it back to NV after the accident. 3. he's already signed his totaled not-newer vehicle ('99 Durango) over to the tow company, so i can't touch that, 4. he's 60, so he's liable to retire soon, and legally i can't touch his SS checks.

combined my hospital and my husband's hospital bill is probably in the neighborhood of $180k or so. if we fall back on our own insurance, we get 60k. *sigh*

thank God we already had a 2nd vehicle or we'd be even further up the proverbial creek.
      Last edited by katzklaw; 02-07-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
        Ugh, sorry to hear that. Take the numbskull for all he's worth and then some. It may only be 2 pennies but it would be something I guess.
        Sadly, in some areas, you won't even get that. Back in 2016, some uninsured piece of crap destroyed my car. He was busy playing with his phone, and drove into it. He took off, only to abandon his vehicle 2 blocks away. He got caught when a shuttle bus driver couldn't get his van through, and flagged down the cop I was talking to. Even though the other driver went to jail (fleeing the scene of an accident is a felony, never mind the car being uninsured and the registration lapsed), I got shafted. Last I heard his car (well, his mom's car--she went to jail too) got crushed at the impound lot, and he and his mom are still in jail.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Geez, crap that's awful. Wishing you both a quick recovery.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

i'm almost back 100%... i wasn't hurt as bad. hubby is fixin to return to work on friday, but reduced hours. he still has a lil ways to go.. but we're all just glad he's still here. (yes, the accident was that bad)

Comment

Working...
            X